Everything You Need To Know About The East Light Happy Virus Jung Sa-gang Profile, Fun Facts And A Lot More!
Have you heard about The East Light? A South Korean band that debuted on November 3rd, 2016, and consisted of 6 talented boys: Lee Seok-cheol, Lee Eun-sung, Lee Seung-hyun, Kim Jun-wook, Jung Sagang, and Lee Woo-jin. Although The East Light has now been disbanded due to the controversy and cases of violence experienced by two of the members, they are still remembered by loyal fans.
In this article, there’s detailed information about a member of The East Light who held a position as a rapper of the group. Do you know who is he? Yes, he is Jung Sa-gang, who used to be a contestant in Mnet’s Voice Kids, before he debuted with the band. Without waiting any longer, let’s find out more about The East Light’s Sagang in this article below.
The East Light Sagang Full Profile
Real Name: Jung Sagang (Hangul: 정사강)
Stage Name: Sagang (Hangul: 사강)
Place and Date of Birth: Seodaemun, Seoul, South Korea, October 26th, 2002
Star Sign: Scorpio
Position In The Group: Rapper, Vocalist
- Seoul Goeun Elementary School
- Shinyeon Middle School (Transfer)
- Bangbae Middle School (Graduation)
- Kyungmun High School (Transfer)
- Seocho High School (Graduated)
Official Site: Instagram (@sagang_official)
The East Light Sagang Facts
- The East Light’s Sagang can play various instruments (he knows the basics)
- The East Light’s Sagang learned the bass from Seung-hyun, the drums from Seok-cheol, and the guitar from Junwook
- The East Light’s Sagang has one older sister
- The East Light’s Sagang is the happy virus of the group
- The East Light’s Sagang is good at rapping
- The East Light’s Sagang is very talkative
- The East Light’s Sagang appeared in The Voice Kids and he was in Yang YoSeob’s Team
- The East Light’s Sagang and Eunsung reunited with Yoseob in Mnet’s I Can See Your Voice 4
- The East Light’s Sagang appeared in Tour Avatar 2, together with Eunsung and Woojin
- The East Light’s Sagang can do a voice impression of the Korean president
- The East Light’s Sagang’s nickname used to be Tomato (when he was 7 years old)
- The East Light’s Sagang’s special talent is “flushing” (he can make his face flush by lowering his head for 10 seconds)
- The East Light’s Sagang can only flush up to 3 times per day since he needs to be recharged
- The East Light’s Sagang said that he wouldn’t have been able to study if his parents told him that he couldn’t become a singer
- The East Light’s Sagang probably would become a BJ if he didn’t debut as a singer because he liked to be in front of the camera
- The East Light’s Sagang wore colored lenses during his Real Men activities. To the fans who asked for lens information, he said, “If I win first place on a music show, I’ll tell you everything from information to price”
- The East Light’s Sagang rides the swing really well. He has the talent (?) to climb very high. He climbs the same, whether sitting or standing, and he lands perfectly even when he jumps from it
- The East Light’s Sagang said that the level of the placement was downgraded by the level of 17 points in the middle school English test
- The East Light’s Sagang is a multi-talented musician, he can sing, play various instruments such as guitar, drums, he can also rap, dance, and beatbox
- The East Light’s Sagang often kissed the other group members and The East Light’s Woojin hated him for it
- The East Light’s Sagang stood as a model for the graffiti manji fashion show on October 18th, 2018, at the S/S Hera Seoul Fashion Week
- The East Light’s Sagang mentioned that he was close with Seventeen members through his Instagram live and they have been close since they were trainees. They are also playing together with Samuel Kim, who was of the same age as a member of Pledis at the time
Sagang Appearance in Mnet The Voice Kids in 2013
The powerful stage of rock and roll kids Jeong Sagang became a hot topic on Mnet’s Voice Kids broadcast on January 11th, 2013, he showed off his singing ability with a song titled “Aspirin”.
Sagang, who had been active as a vocalist and guitarist of Rock and Roll Kids for two years at the age of 11, captivated the judges at once with his relaxed stage manners and stable singing ability.
Yang Yoseob, who took Sagang’s stage as the lead, called him ‘Beast Style’ and said, “If you become my mentee, I will give you the dance of Lee Gikwang, the song composed by Yong Junhyung, and my signed CD.”
Seo In-young continued, “There are parts of it that I regret, but I fell for the ‘Woo’ part. I know how to enjoy singing. The technique is lacking, but I will fill that part through training.”
Yang Yoseob was chosen by Sagang. Seo In-young then said, “I want to be an idol too,” and laughed out loud.
Sagang Debut with The East Light
The East Light’s Sagang has a soft and clear tone, he has a rough and husky voice. He debuted as a member of The East Light on November 3rd, 2016, in the position of vocalist (rapper) and guitarist.
From “Holla” to “You’re My Love”, he is mainly in charge of verse 2 in all the sound sources released so far, but The East Light’s Sagang’s voice is rough, so he sometimes thought that the listeners might be surprised if they heard his voice from verse 1, so he gave Eunsung the first part.
Overall, it seems to be a wise choice to match the triumph of music, as the sound sources flow calmly in verse 1 and exhilaratingly in verse 2. However, he did not give up the desire to include his own voice in verse 1, and he mentioned that he was competing in good faith with Eunsung while always researching how to calmly raise his voice.
However, it is not common to use husky vocals at a young age. Although the period of transformation has not yet come, and his voice remains, if he passes that time well, there is a high possibility that he will become known as a vocalist with a unique tone.
The East Light’s Sagang fully participated in every activity and promotion of the band since they released some singles from 2016 to 2018, such as “Holla” (2016), “I Am What I Am” (2016), “You’re My Love (Tropical Mix)” (2017), “Love Is…” (2017), “I Got You” (2017), “Real Man” (2018), “Are You Okay” (2018), and their latest single “Love Flutters” (2018).
The East Light Sagang Reunion With HIGHLIGHT Yo-seob
The East Light’s Lee Eunsung and Jung Sagang reunited with HIGHLIGHT’s Yang Yoseob after 5 years. On May 4th, 2017, HIGHLIGHT’s Yoseob appeared as a guest on Mnet’s I Can See Your Voice 4, while Lee Eunsung and Jung Sagang appeared as mystery singers wearing wigs, arousing curiosity.
The two of them, who sang Yang Yoseob’s “Caffeine” as a lip-sync song, showed a soft voice and cute performance that surprised even the original singer. The moment the panelists were confused, Yang Yoseob, who recognized the true identity of Jung Sagang, shouted “Sagang-ah!”
The two of them, who appeared as participants in Mnet’s Voice Kids in the past, were evaluated by Yang Yoseob, who was a judge at the time. In particular, Jung Sagang played an active part in Yang Yoseob’s team, so their relationship was different.
Yang Yoseob, who met his mentee again after 5 years, could not hide his pleasure, and Jung Sagang had grown up enough to build harmony in Yang Yoseob’s song, creating a warm scene.
Jung Sagang and Lee Eunsung sang “Plz Don’t Be Sad” together with the HIGHLIGHT members, finishing the day’s broadcast.
The East Light’s Jung Sagang released a photo taken with Yang Yoseob on February 25th, 2018, on his Instagram with a caption, “It was so good to meet you yesterday at Music Bank!! I learned a lot thanks to Yoseob hyung haha,” along with the picture.
In the published photo, Yang Yoseob is holding a CD signed by The East Light and stares at the camera. They drew attention by creating a visual warmth that is hard to distinguish. Seeing this, netizens had various reactions, such as: “Your tone is so cute,” “It’s so nice to see this combination,” and “You worked hard today, too.”
The East Light, to which Jung Sagang belonged at that time, released a special digital single “Valentine’s Day” through various online music sites at 6 p.m. on the 13th.
“Valentine’s Day” is an acoustic pop genre song featuring The East Light’s sweet sensibility and cute lyrics. The East Light, who showed their musical maturity through the recently released third single “Real Man”, once again attracted the attention of fans with this new song that contains a simple feeling for Valentine’s Day.
The East Light Disbandment and Sagang Future Activities
The two former members of The East Light, Lee Eunsung and Jung Sagang supported the statement by saying that Lee Seok-cheol shared that Lee Seung-hyun was physically punished by their father for causing trouble at their agency.
Following the news circulating, Media Line Entertainment held a press conference to deny Lee Seok-cheol and Lee Seung-hyun’s accusations that they suffered violence from their producer and CEO.
Moon Young-il as the producer has been detained by the police. The case of Media Line Entertainment’s CEO, Kim Chang-hwan, has been forwarded to prosecutors for indictment while the case of Media Line Entertainment’s President, Lee Jung-hyun, has been forwarded but is not recommended to be indicted.
Kim Chang-hwan, Lee Jung-hyun, and 2 former members of The East Light namely Jung Sagang and Lee Eunsung were present at this press conference.
Kim Chang-hwan started by saying, “For the past 2 months, we have participated in police investigations. But I can’t shake the perception that the investigation has biased public opinion according to the press conference conducted by the accusers (Lee Seok-cheol and Lee Seung-hyun). We will explain the truth that has not been revealed to the media.”
Jung Sagang then said, “My heart is sad because the people who are closest to me and love me, including CEO Kim Chang-hwan, were hurt as a result of this incident because of something that wasn’t right. Our contracts have been terminated but we cannot stand still. We’re here today to help reveal a little truth.”
Jung Sagang continued,
“My thoughts are the same as Eunsung. When we entered the agency, we were very young so we fought a lot and also had a good time. The producer’s dream was for us to become singers, so when we were lazy to practice, he scolded us and became disappointed.”
“There was corporal punishment but reports in the media made him look like a monster. My heart aches to read reports that differ from reality. The CEO, Seok-cheol, and Seung-hyun all watch the movie and have fun. Until the incident happened, we didn’t know that they were suing him.”
“Seok-cheol came out and acted like representing us but I couldn’t understand. Honestly, it makes me angry. I think that could be called betrayal. For 3 years, Seok-cheol and Seung-hyun followed the CEO well. Seok-cheol even wrote, ‘Our second father CEO Kim Chang-hwan’ on his social media account. But they suddenly turned around and we couldn’t say anything because people wouldn’t listen. It feels unfair.”
After The East Light disbanded, Jung Sagang signed a contract with Peak Entertainment and he also shared on his Instagram account that he promoted as a member of a duo with his previous bandmate, Lee Eun-sung, in a project called Peak & Pitch in 2021.
Jung Sagang also wrote on his Instagram account saying:
“Hello everyone, I’m Sagang!! Well, I have some good news. It’s not a great gift compared to the time you’ve been waiting for, but this time, I remade the song “Iko Iko” with Eunsung and Peak & Pitch released an album!! At first, it was actually a cover song content, but when I released an album, there were a lot of regrets like oh, I should have done better, I should have sung a little better.”
“I was grateful to see that we are doing this content again without realizing it, and we are doing this with Eun-sung and other people with healthy thoughts and healthy images of ourselves, and I feel a lot of gratitude!! It’s a time when everyone is careful and yields to each other little by little these days, so I think it’s frustrating and difficult for everyone!”
“Even though it’s a hot summer, I really hope that you get a little bit brighter while listening to our “Iko Iko” and cheer up!! Thank you so much to those who always support us and believe in our values and potential, even more than we do! I will prepare harder and come back as a great artist!! love you!”
Don’t forget to watch the music video of Peak & Pitch’s first single released in 2021 titled “Iko Iko” below and send your positive comment to support them!
Well, that was all the information about The East Light’s Sagang and everything you need to know about him. If you like this article, don’t forget to kindly share it on your social media and stay tuned for more interesting upcoming articles from Byeol Korea!