Comparison SEVENTEEN’s Vernon and ‘Young Leonardo DiCaprio’
Byeol Korea is back again for you! How are you today? We always hope you are fine and ready to be spoiled by another piece of news from Korean Entertainment. Get spoiled about your beloved Korean idols? Or rappers? Or actors and actresses? Byeol Korea is the right place for you to gather more and more news about them.
And today, in this article, we are going to tell you about one of the South Korean male idol groups, called SEVENTEEN. But for now, not all the members, but just the one them. And yes, it is Vernon! As you know, Vernon’s face is often compared to the famous American actor, Leonardo DiCaprio. As we all will agree, SEVENTEEN’s Vernon and Leonardo DiCaprio are the two handsome males.
So, without any further ado, we are going to compare Vernon’s pictures with the young Leonardo DiCaprio’s pictures. Are you guys excited? Keep scrolling down and let us get to the main topic!
Vernon and Leonardo DiCaprio Facts
Before we compare the pictures of both of them, for you who may not know both of them yet, here are the profiles of these two handsome guys.
Vernon, whose full name is Hansol Vernon Chwe, is a South Korean idol from SEVENTEEN. He was born in New York, the United States on February 18, 1998. He has a Korean name too, Choi Han-sol (최한솔 in Hangul). Vernon’s height is 178 cm (5’10″) and his weight is 62 kg (136 lbs). His blood type is A. Vernon’s position in SEVENTEEN is as Main Rapper.
Here are some facts about Vernon for you, according to kprofiles.com:
– He’s from New York, but moved to Korea when he was 5 years old.
– His mother is American and his father is Korean.
– He has a little sister named Sofia.
– He’s very close to his sister, he even got a temporary tattoo of her name on his arm.
– He got cast at a station in front of his middle school.
– Vernon was 14 years old when he got street cast.
– His family lives in Hongdae, but he lives in Gangnam since Seventeen’s dorm is located there.
– His mom moved in Korea, as well (when he was 5), but since she doesn’t speak Korean, at home they kept speaking in English; that’s why Vernon’s English is so good.
– His favorite rappers are Drake, T.I, J.Cole, and Kendrick Lamar.
– He’s extremely ticklish.
– He’s one of the members that gets scared the easiest.
– He likes the month of December.
– He admires David Bowie.
– He has an interest in fashion and he owns a lot of hats.
– His favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla.
– His favorite food is chocolate.
– He likes chocolate cakes and cheesecakes.
– He loves cheeseburgers.
– His hobbies are reading webtoons, watching movies, and reading.
– He likes the actors Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Johnny Depp.
– His favorite Korean actor is Lee Byung Han.
– He is a Harry Potter fan.
– He’s a Star Wars fan, and bought a BB-8 robot when he was in Japan (source: SVT Club)
– His favorite seasons are summer and fall.
– His favorite animals are dogs.
– He likes cats and he has his own pet cat, named ‘Dodam’. The name of the cat was picked by his cousin.
– He doesn’t have a favorite girl-group.
– He prefers watching movies over reading.
– If he could introduce a member to his family, he would choose Soonyoung.
– He received the nickname ‘Twix’ because he had a lot of Twix in their practice room.
– He was voted by the other members as the shyest member.
– He was voted by the members for acting most cute around girl-groups. He says he smiles with his eyes around girls and not around his members.
– He was in Man of K’s “Falling” music video, Hello Venus’s “Venus” music video, and Orange Caramel’s “My Copycat” music video.
– Vernon did a collaboration with the group M.O.L.A. (Make Our Lives Awesome), which consists of him, 15&’s Jimin, UNIQ’s Luizy (Seungyoun), and Nathan, for the song “Chillin”.
– He loves English/British accents and he likes Australian accents.
– Vernon said that now he is more fluent in Korean than his own language, English.
– He views himself as a really free person.
– His role models are his parents and his teachers, as well as the American rapper J Cole.
– The meaning behind his stage name is that it’s his middle name and also his mother’s surname.
– Vernon is close with PENTAGON‘s Kino. He even bought Kino a phone case when he was in Japan.
– He wishes he could have good speaking skills like SeungKwan does.
– He shares rooms with SeungKwan the most.
– He’s an easygoing person. He always takes the longest doing whatever everyone else is doing, and the hyungs scold him for it. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– He likes a casual style with a little spicy impact. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– He looks childish, but actually, he’s a deep person. He places importance in not discriminating against anything/not being prejudiced. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– He was a pretty ordinary student, playing games with his friends in Internet cafes. Then, when he was in his second year of middle school, he was scouted at an office as he was going home from school on the subway. It changed his life completely. If he wasn’t scouted at that time, he has no idea where he’d be or what he’d be doing now. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– Vernon competed in “Show Me The Money 4”, but got eliminated on the third round.
– Vernon is a cast member on the variety show “Tutor“, along with other Kpop idols like Pentagon’s Hongseok, WJSN‘s Luda, etc. Vernon is an English tutor.
– Vernon doesn’t care about appearances. He cares more about the person’s personality and heart. (Japanese Seventeen Magazine)
– Vernon’s ideal type is someone his heart can connect with.
Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio, or people know him as Leonardo DiCaprio, is an American actor, producer, and environmentalist. He has often played unconventional parts, particularly in biopics and period films. DiCaprio was born in Los Angeles on November 11, 1974. His eyes are blue and his hair is brown. DiCaprio’s height is 183 cm.
Here are some facts for you about DiCaprio:
– He rarely gives interviews and is reluctant to discuss his private life.
– Schools: Seeds Elementary School (now UCLA Lab School), Los Angeles, California,
John Marshall High School, Los Angeles, California, Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies, Los Angeles, California
– DiCaprio began his career by appearing in television commercials in the late 1980s
– He had his first major film role in This Boy’s Life, and received acclaim for the supporting role of a developmentally disabled boy in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (both 1993), which earned him an Academy Award nomination. He achieved international fame as a star in the epic romance Titanic (1997), which became the highest-grossing film at that point
– DiCaprio was raised as a Catholic in California, but has no religion, although he has expressed an interest in Buddhism and says he is not an atheist. In an interview, he said, “I’m not an atheist, I’m agnostic.”
– Ethnicity: Italian-American (from his father’s side) and Russian-German (from his mother’s side)
– DiCaprio really likes riding bicycles, scuba diving, collecting action figures, playing video games, and going to places in the world that are pristine and untouched by man.
– DiCaprio earned nominations at the Academy Award for Best Actor for the roles of Howard Hughes in The Aviator (2004) and a mercenary in the political thriller Blood Diamond (2006), and also received acclaim for his roles in the crime drama The Departed (2006) and the romantic drama Revolutionary Road (2008).
– In 2005, he was severely injured when a model named Aretha Wilson hit him over the head with a broken bottle at a Hollywood party. Wilson, while protesting her innocence, claimed she thought Mr. DiCaprio was, in fact, an ex-boyfriend who had been bad-mouthing her. DiCaprio needed 17 stitches for the gashes on his face and ear. Later, Wilson pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two years in prison in 2010.
Now that you are know some information about both of them, let us get to some of the pictures that will make you realize they really look alike.
According to koreaboo.com, since his debut in 2015, many fans have pointed out that Vernon, who’s half Korean and half American, bears a strong resemblance to Leonardo DiCaprio. In fact, even media and television broadcasts have pointed this out, with the resemblance being especially spotlighted during Vernon’s appearance on the fourth season of popular hip-hop show Show Me The Money.
This pictures below showed that they made a similar “smiling face”.
Once again, they made similar expressions and faces when they smiled.
Now we already believe that they are really lookalikes, and are really, really handsome.