Shinhwa’s Leader, Eric Mun
Eric Mun, or his real name is Moon Joong-hyuk, is a South Korean artist who is popular as the leader and the rapper of a legendary group named Shinhwa which has debuted for 20 years now. For those of you who know a popular tvN drama entitled Another Oh Hae-young, you must have recognized him as the main lead of that drama. He is also known as an actor who has successfully captivated the viewers’ hearts for his handsome look and good acting skill. Want to know more about him? Let’s take a look at his profile and facts!
Eric Mun’s Profile
Eric Mun is a leader of Shinhwa, an SM Entertainment’s boy band prodigy which still active and popular until their 20 years anniversary. Eric is known as the rapper of this group and also one of the members who are active in Korean Entertainment as an actor. He was born on February 16, 1979 in Seoul, South Korea. He graduated from Dongguk University where he majored in Theater and Film in 2005. Before he joined SM Entertainment s a trainee and debuted as a member of Shinhwa, he spent his childhood and teen years in USA. In 1996, he was scouted by SM Ent and came back to Korea to pursue his career as a trainee.
Aside from being an idol, he is also known as an actor who made his debut in a drama called Breathless. His acting in his newest drama, Another Miss Oh Hae-young, has captivated many people’s hearts for his outstanding acting and chemistry with his fellow co-star, Seo Hyun-jin.
- Name: Moon Jung-hyuk / Eric Moon / Eric
- Birthdate: February 16, 1979
- Birthplace: South Korea
- University: Dongguk University
- Height: 180cm
- Blood Type: B
- Family: Na Hye-Mi (wife)
- Star Sign: Aquarius
Eric Mun’s Wedding and Wife
Eric Mun is already off the market as he married a model and actress, Na Hye-mi. She is an actress who is known for her role in Unstoppable High Kick!, Over The Rainbow, and so on. However, she is more popular as a model rather than an actress since she was focusing more to pursue her career as a model.
Their dating rumor occurred in 2014. At first, They both denied the rumour about them dating. However, in 2017, they both finally confirmed their status and happily date each other. Their wedding news came up not long after and they also announced their wedding day that would be held in 2017 too. The couple married on July 2017 in a private ceremony which is only attended by their closest friends and families. Despite of the 12 years differences between them, They suitable for each other and people love this couple as well.
Eric Mun’s Filmography
- Shinhwa Live 3D: The Legend Continues (2014) – himself
- Diary of June | Yuwolui ilgi (2005) – Kim Dong-Wook
- A Bittersweet Life | Dalkomhan Insaeng (2005) – Tae-Goo
- Another Miss Oh | Ddo Ohhaeyoung (tvN / 2016) – Park Do-Kyung
- Discovery of Love | Yeonaeui Balgyeon (KBS2 / 2014) – Kang Tae-Ha
- Spy MyeongWol (KBS2 / 2011) – Kang Woo
- Chilwu, the Mighty | Choi Kang Chil Woo (KBS2 / 2008) – Chil-Woo
- Que Sera Sera (MBC / 2007) – Kang Tae-Joo
- Super Rookie Ranger | Moojeokeui Nakhasan Yowon (SBS / 2006) – Choi Kang
- Super Rookie | Shin-yip-sa-won (MBC / 2005) – Kang Ho
- Phoenix | Bulsae (MBC / 2004) – Seo Jung-Min
- Breathless | Naneun Dalrinda (MBC / 2003)
- tvN10 Awards – October 9, 2016
- Romantic Comedy King (“Another Miss Oh”)
- 2014 KBS Drama Awards – December 31, 2014
- Excellent Actor (mini series) (“Discovery of Love”)
- Netizen Award (“Discovery of Love”)
- Best Couple Award (“Discovery of Love”)