Let’s Get to Know S.Coups!
In this article, Byeol Korea will provide you with details about the main rapper and also the leader of the K-Pop boy band Seventeen. So, stay tuned if you want to learn more about Choi Seung-cheol, or also known as S.Coups: his profile, facts, pre-debut story, and more!
Full Profile of S.Coups
Name: Choi Seung Cheol (최승철)
Stage Name: S.Coups (에스.쿱스)
Chinese Name: 崔勝澈 (cuī shèng chè)
Date of Birth: August 8th, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Birthplace: Daegu, South Korea
Blood Type: AB
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
Label: Pledis Entertainment
Official Website: http://www.seventeen-17.com/
Twitter ID: @pledis_17
Facebook page URL: https://www.facebook.com/seventeennews/
Instagram ID: @saythename_17
Weibo ID: PLEDIS_17
Favorite Things of S.Coups
– Number: 8
– Colors: Red and white
– Hobby: Reading books, singing, and sports.
– Music genre: Rap and Hip-Hop
– Favorite song: Dok2’s “It’s me” (feat Joo young).
– Seung Cheol’s ideal type is someone who can cook well and who eats a lot.
– Role Models: Big Bang’s Taeyang, 2Pac, Seol Kyung Goo, Uknow Yunho, G-Dragon, and Zico.
Facts of S.Coups
– Choi Seung-Cheol has an older brother.
– He joined the Seoul High School of Performing Arts and graduated in February 2014, majoring in acting.
– He was a trainee for six years.
– His nicknames are 17’s Father, Beagle King.
– He’s one of the original Pledis Boys.
– He was formerly a member of Tempest before Seventeen was created.
– His favorite Korean Singers are Big Bang’s Taeyang and Seol Kyung Goo.
– His dream is to become an actor.
– He’s a black belt in Taekwondo (learned it for seven years).
– His eyelashes are 1 cm long. (Weekly Idol).
– He can’t eat spicy food.
– He doesn’t like lemons.
– He doesn’t like roller-coasters.
– Prior to his debut, he was featured in After School/Orange Caramel Raina‘s solo song “Superwoman.”
– He starred in After School Blue’s “Wonder Boy” MV and NU’EST’s “Face” MV.
– His stage name S.Coups comes from S – his name Sungcheol, Coups – Coup d’état (He created his stage name himself).
– The meaning behind his real name is that Seung means “clearly winning/winning” and the Cheol means “fair.” It means “to win fairly.”
– He likes the kind of sports where he could compete with others because he’s a very competitive person.
– S.Coups entered high school and was discovered by Pledis Entertainment at the same time. He got accepted right away and became a trainee, however, it took six years for him to finally became a full-fledged member of a group. He was meant to debut with NU’EST before actually debuting with Seventeen, but got cut from the final line-up. After that, he joined the group Tempest, in which he performed well.
Appearance on MBC’s SEVENTEEN Project: Big Debut Plan
Before Seventeen’s debut, the group starred in the reality show titled Seventeen Project: Big Debut Plan. In accordance with the title of the event, this show shows us how Seventeen prepares their project for their debut. Seventeen Project: Big Debut Plan (Hangul: 데뷔 대작전) is a 2015 reality show created by Pledis Entertainment and Mnet. It is a male idol debut project with the concept of winning the trainees versus Pledis survival. The show was concluded with the group’s debut showcase which featured songs that had been written and performed by subunits in the previous episodes.
While Seventeen was being formed, it was more than obvious that Seung Cheol would be the leader, as he had been a trainee for the longest amount of time, and he had a serious ambition when it came to performing and delivering. He appeared in the reality TV show Seventeen Project: Big Debut Plan, broadcasted on MBC between May 2nd and May 26th, 2015.