The Korean Actor Cha Seung-won
Starting his renowned career as a fashion model, Cha Seung-won has successfully switched to being an actor who performs well in various kinds of genres from both Korean dramas and films. Cha Seung-won has received notable awards at the acting area, including Best Actor for Film class on 39th Baeksang Arts awards in 2002, Best Excellence Award for Actor class on KBS Drama Awards in 2003, Best Actor on 15th Chunsa Film Art awards in 2007, and Best Excellence Award for Actor in a Mini-Series class on MBC Drama Award in 2011. So, in this guide, Byeol Korea will explain about Cha Seung-won, including his full profile, tattoo, loved ones, projects, Instagram feed, etc.. So, stay tuned!
Cha Seung-won’s Full Profile
Real Name: Cha Seung-won Nickname: Chajumma, Monkey Date of Birth: June 7, 1970, at Anyang, Gyeonggi Age: 49 (Korean era ) / / 48 (International age) Zodiac Sign: Gemini Blood Type: B Education: Dankook University Teachers College High School, Mokwon University (Engineering Degree) Net Worth: 4 Million Dollars Agency: YG Entertainment Hobbies: Weightlifting, mountain, fitness biking Skills: Dance, baseball
Cha Seung-won’s Height and Tattoo
Apparently, Cha Seung-won is the tallest model and celebrity in South Korea with a height of 188 cm, whereas the average height for actors and models is 180 cm. Moreover, very similar to his strong macho picture, Cha Seung-won also offers a tattoo that is inked on his arm. This tattoo is a picture of an angel figure as well as the word’Rachel’.
Cha Seung-won’s Family
Unlike other male celebrities who generally tie the knot at a late age, Cha Seung-won wed Lee Soo-jin, a girl who is four years older than him, when he was very young. Cha Seung-won first met his present wife in a bar when she was in school while he was a senior in high school. Later, the two of them married when Cha Seung-won had been 20 years old and Lee Soo-jin was 24 years old, overlooking the fact that their parents were against their union. Together, Cha Seung-won and Lee Soo-jin have two children called Cha No-ah, that was known as a pro-gamer at the LG-IM sponsored group for League of Legend (LoL), and Cha Ye-ni, who is the only female and biological kid of Cha Seung-won.
In the center of 2013, Cha Seung-won’s first kid Cha No-ah was accused of sexual attack involving a high school student. In detail,” The Central Seoul Prosecutor’s Office said that charges were brought up by high school student”A” from Cha No-ah for bringing her to an officetel and sexually attacking her numerous occasions between April and August. Cha No-ah’s side denied the fees as all he did was her, and when they did have intercourse, it had been consensual. On the flip side, the girl’s family denied an out-of-court settlement, saying that Cha No-ah has to kneel before her and beg for forgiveness instead of just giving money to make up her suffering. Later, in December 2013, Cha No-ah’s sexual assault case was dropped after high school student”A” met with Cha No-ah to discuss the incident.
In addition to sexual attack, Cha No-ah has also been arrested for marijuana possession along with Bianca Mobley and K-pop boy group DMTN. After asking for leniency in the court since he confessed to the charge but did not personally purchase the bud or have a regular habit of smoking it, Cha No-ah received a six-month suspended sentence instead of 10 weeks in prison. Seeing his son’s misbehavior, Cha Seung-won has apologized to the public by stating that he failed to raise his kids properly, and even though he cannot hide his despair about Cha No-ah’s scandals, he would love to express his deepest apologies. 1 year after, another shocking fact became known to the public regarding Cha Seung-won’s son Cha No-ah. A man filed a suit regarding his standing because Cha No-ah’s real biological dad and asked for just 1 billion won ($1 million) to compensate his hurt pride because Cha Seung-won claimed to be the actual father.
Soon after, the home bureau of Cha Seung-won, YG Entertainment, confirmed that Cha Seung-won is not the biological father of Cha No-ah and had adopted Cha No-ah after marrying his wife Lee Soo-jin who’d Cha No-ah from her previous marriage. On October 6, 2014, YG Entertainment gave the extended explanation,”Cha Seung-won got married 22 years back, and he became one family together with his wife, as well as her three-year-old son born out of her husband, whom she divorced.
Cha Seung-won firmly believes that he had his son Cha No-ah together with his heart, and he has shared that he still does not regret the decision he made at that time.” That can be obviously considered scandalous because what the people previously knew about Cha Seung-won’s family was through Lee Soo-jin’s book essay which said that Cha No-ah was born soon after Cha Seung-won and Lee Soo-jin married in 1989. But following this parentage scandal occurred, it had been revealed that the two of them actually married in 1992 when Cha No-ah was three years old.
In relation to this matter, Cha Seung-won spoke up,”I acknowledge the little lie my spouse and I made for the sake of No-ah, also I want to apologize to everyone. I’d appreciate if people understood that in the moment, we could not reveal everything.” He continued,”No matter what anyone says, No-ah is my son. I don’t understand how far this is going to go, but we are going to love each other increasingly stronger.” As for his daughter Cha Ye-ni, Cha Seung-won has revealed nothing but love and adoration.
During the short interview for MBC’s Department TV on June 2011, Cha Seung-won, who had been active shooting The Greatest Enjoy , was asked about his electricity charger. At first, he said that the audiences do not have to know. Then, he said that his cage is his loved ones, and he gets recharged when he’s using his daughter. Aww, what a sweet dad!
Cha Seung-won’s Movies, Dramas, TV Shows, Music Videos, and Theatre List
As explained previously, Cha Seung-won is a versatile actor who’s ready to play any kind of function in movies, tv series, music videos, and theater. Moreover, Cha Seung-won sometimes also becomes a guest on or hosts popular variety shows on broadcast stations. In this part, Byeol Korea compiled a record of movies, dramas, tv shows, music videos, and theatre that Cha Seung-won has starred in.
- 1997: Holiday in Seoul (as the leg model’s boyfriend)
- 1997: SBS- New York Story
- 1997: SBS- Song of the Wind
- 1997: SBS- Woman vs. Woman
- 1998: If the Sun Rises in the West (as Ji-min)
- 1998: MBC- Run Barefoot
- 1998: MBC- Shy Lovers (as Im Sung-bom)
- 1998: KBS2- Angel’s Kiss (as Jang Tae-ju)
- 1998: MBC- Roses and Bean Sprouts (as Choi Gyu-dae)
- 1998: SBS- Lee Seung-yeon’s Say Say Say (as Co-host)
- 1998: MBC- GO! Our Heaven (as Host)
- 1998: SBS- Kim Hye-soo Plus You (as Co-host)
- 1998: SBS- Music Camp (as MC)
- 1998: Model for Kim Jang-hoon’s music video for “Even If the World Fools You”
- 1998: Model for Uhm Jung-hwa’s music video for “Poison”
- 1999: Ghost in Love (Na Han-su)
- 1999: Attack the Gas Station
- 1999: KBS2- Sunday Best “Someone Is Watching Me”
- 1999: KBS2- Woman on Top (as Seung-il)
- 1999: SBS- Love Story “Message”
- 2000: Fin de Siecle (as Sang-woo)
- 2000: Black Honeymoon (as Kim Joon-ho)
- 2000: Libera Me (as Yeo Hee-su)
- 2000: Model for Kim Jang-hoon’s music video for “I Am a Man”
- 2001: Kick the Moon (as Choi Ki-woong)
- 2001: Model for Position’s music video “I Love You”
- 2002: Break Out (as Yang Cheol-gon)
- 2002: Jail Breakers (as Choi Mu-seok)
- 2002: Model for Kim 4U’s music video “In My Heart”
- 2003: My Teacher, Mr. Kim (as Kim Bong-doo)
- 2003: KBS2- Bodyguard (as Hong Kyung-tak)
- 2003: Model for the music video for Project X
- 2004: Ghost House (as Park Pil-gi)
- 2004: Lovely Rivals (as Kim Bong-doo (cameo))
- 2005: Blood Rain (as Lee Won-gyu)
- 2005: Murder, Take One (as Choi Yeon-gi)
- 2006: Over the Border (as Kim Sun-ho)
- 2006: MBC- Cha Seung-won’s Health Club on Sunday Sunday Night (as MC)
- 2007: Small Town Rivals (as Jo Choon-sam)
- 2007: My Son (as Lee Kang-shik)
- 2008: Eye for an Eye (as Ahn Hyun-min)
- 1998: Model of Kim Jang-hoon’s Music Video Rain Shower
- 2009: Secret (as Kim Seong-ryeol)
- 2009: SBS- City Hall (as Jo Gook)
- 2010: Blades of Blood (as Lee Mong-hak)
- 2010: 71: Into the Fire (as Park Moo-rang)
- 2010: SBS- Athena: Goddess of War (as Son Hyuk)
- 2011: MBC- The Greatest Love (as Dokko Jin)
- 2011: Model for T-ara’s music video for “Cry Cry”
- 2012: The Suck Up Project: Mr. XXX-Kisser (as Cha Seung-won (cameo))
- 2012: Bring Me My Chariot of Fire (as Lee Soon-woo)
- 2012: Model for T-ara’s music video for “Lovey Dovey”
- 2012: Model for Lena Park’s music video for “I’m Sorry”
- 2014: Man on High Heels (as Yoon Ji-wook)
- 2014: SBS- You’re All Surrounded (as Seo Pan-seok)
- 2015: Minions (as the Narrator)
- 2015: MBC- Splendid Politics / Hwajung (as Prince Gwanghae)
- 2015: tvN- Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village (as Himself)
- 2016: The Map Against the World (as Kim Jeong-ho)
- 2016: tvN- Three Meals a Day: Gochang Village (as Himself)
- 2017: tvN- A Korean Odyssey / Hwayugi (as Woo Hwi-chul/Woo Ma-wang)
- 2017: Model for Wanna One’s music video for “Beautiful”
- 2018: Drug War (as Brian (cameo))