Meet The Beautiful Boyfriend/Husband-Stealer Actress, Wang Ji-hye
Wang Ji-hye is a Korean actress who is infamous for her female antagonist roles in her dramas. She is famously known for her roles in the SBS drama Protect The Boss, the MBC drama Friend, Our Legend and the KBS2 drama Personal Taste. She debuted in 2003 by performing a small role in MBC’s Something About 1%. Before her drama debut, she debuted as a magazine cover model in 2001.
She performed a more significant role, although as a friend backstabber who tried to win Lee Min-ho from Son Ye-jin. She played as a beautiful but materialistic stewardess who tries to seduce Lee Min-ho from his old-fashioned but pure girlfriend, Son Ye-jin. In SBS’ Protect the Boss, she tried to win the love of Ji-sung, an immature young man, an heir from a successful company, and take him from Choi Kang-hee. In another drama, the 2014 SBS Birth of Beauty, she had an affair with Jung Gyu-woon, the husband of Han Ye-seul. In this article, Byeol Korea will share with you detailed information about the man-stealing actress, Wang Ji-hye. So stay tuned!
Full Profile of Wang Ji-hye
- Stage Name: Wang Ji-hye
- Real Name: Min Ji-hye
- Date of Birth: December 29th, 1985
- Place of Birth: Masan, South Gyeongsang Province
- Education: Konkuk University majoring Film Arts
- Hobby: cooking, playing video games
- Height: 169 cm
- Blood Type: O type
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Chinese zodiac: Year of the Ox
- Management: Story J Company
Facts About Wang Ji-hye
- Wang Ji-hye has an older brother and a younger sister
- She likes playing Kartrider, Smurfs Village, and Nintendo Wii
- She pretends to act innocent at times
- She failed three times before getting her driver’s license
- She is infamous for stealing the male leading role from the female leading role in her dramas
- She filmed a kissing scene with Kim Jae-jung more than 50 times in the drama Protect the Boss
- She is signed with Story J Company alongside other famous actors and actresses, such as Kim Tae-hee, Seo In-guk, Yoo Seung-ho.
Wang Ji-hye’s Debut as an Actress
Wang Ji-hye debuted in the SBS drama Something About 1%. She played a small role, Han Joo-hee in the 2003 drama. The drama featured Korean Heartthrob, Kang Dong-won as the leading man Lee Jae-in, and Kim Jung-hwa as the leading woman Kim Da-hyun. Han Jo-hee played the woman who was obsessed with Lee Jae-in, future heir of a big company and also the future husband of Kim Da-hyun. Wang Ji-hye was only 19 years when she got the role. Her first role as a man stealer turned to be the role she mostly plays throughout her acting career.
Wang Ji-hye’s Married Life
Wang Ji-hye married her non-celebrity husband on September 29th, 2019, in Seoul. Her husband is a year younger than her and they had been dating for about one year before deciding to tie the knot. The wedding was held in a private place and was attended by family members and friends.
On September 16th, 2019, her label management, Story J Company announced the marriage plan to the public and stated that she will continue and pursue her acting career even after marriage. The leading actress from the movie I Killed My Wife appeared in several dramas and movies, oftentimes playing the female villain.