Verbal Jint, an Underground Rapper of the 2000s
Verbal Jint (버벌진트), with the real name Kim Jin-tae (김진태), is a South Korean musician, rapper, and record producer who’s known for his groundbreaking innovations in the K-hip-hop rhyme schemes. He is one of South Korea’s most popular underground rappers of the 2000s before achieving mainstream success. He established his own independent label, Otherside, under his record label Brand New Music. In this article, Channel-Korea will give you a run-through of everything about Korean Rapper, Verbal Jint. Stay tuned!
Full Profile of Verbal Jint
- Birth Name: Kim Jin-tae (김진태)
- Stage Name: Verbal Jint (버벌진트)
- Date of Birth: December 19th, 1980
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 75 kg
- Occupation(s): Musician, rapper, record producer
- Instruments: Vocals, keyboards
- Genres: Hip-Hop
- Years active: 1999 – present
- Labels: Brand New Music, Otherside
- Education: Hanyang University School of Law, Hanyoung Foreign Language High School, and Seoul National University
Interesting Facts of Verbal Jint
- From 1999 – 2001, he was known as one of the most popular underground rappers.
- Known for his groundbreaking innovations in the K-hip-hop rhyme schemes.
- Verbal Jint debut mini-album is titled Modern Rhymes.
- Verbal Jint held his first solo concert, You Look Happier, in December 2011. The same month, he made his first appearance in the music show M! Countdown.
- In June 2012, Verbal Jint appeared in the first season of Mnet’s hip-hop reality show program Show Me the Money.
- He has collaborated with many artists, such as Ailee, Shin Seung Hun, Girl’s Day, Bumkey, Hyolyn (SISTAR), and many more.
- In 2014, Verbal Jint went on a world tour with Bumkey, Beenzino, Kanto, and Hwayoung.
- In 2015, he made his first appearance on Running Man in a hip-hop star special along with Jay Park, Jessi, and other rappers.
- Verbal Jint has also provided a voice-over and narration for many TV shows and advertisements. His voice appeared in South Korean TV commercials for various brands, such as Vitamin Water, LG, and Hyundai.
- In November 2015, his label, Brand New Music, announced that Verbal Jint plans to start an independent label while continuing to promote under Brand New Music.
- Verbal Jint began his rap career as a member of the Korean hip-hop crew Show N Prove (SNP).
Official Website of Verbal Jint
- Brand New Music – Verbal Jint
- Instagram: Verbal Jint
- Business: email@example.com
- Youtube: Verbal Jint