Meet The Oldest TXT Member – Yeonjun!
TXT (Tomorrow x Together) is the younger brother of the popular boy band BTS; it consists of five members and one of them is Yeonjun. Some information about Yeonjun: he’s the first member to be introduced by Big Hit Entertainment to be part of TXT and also, Yeonjun is the oldest member. The video that was introduced by Big Hit Entertainment became a trend in just 10 hours and was watched up to 1 million times in just 24 hours. That is a Yeounjun’s cursory information, then what about his profile, skills, activities, and more?
In this article, Byeol Korea will provide you with detailed information about Yeonjun, from his profile, facts, skills, and more! Check it below!
TXT’s Yeonjun’s Profile
- Name: Choi Yeonjun (최연준)
- Stage Name: Yeonjun (연준)
- English Name: Daniel Choi
- Date of Birth: September 13th, 1999
- Birthplace: Seongnam City, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Position in the group (TXT): Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist, Eldest Member
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Height: 181 cm
- Weight: 65 kg
- Blood Type: A
- Nationality: Korean
Facts About TXT’s Yeonjun
- Yeonjun was the 1st member to be revealed on January 10th, 2019.
- In the introductory video, or questioning film, he was represented by pupae (animal) and tulip (flower).
- He doesn’t have any siblings, which means he just lives with his Mom and Dad.
- Yeonjun has a nickname, Yeonttomeok
- After Big Hit uploaded his introductory video, he trended worldwide within the first 10 minutes.
- On his audition, he showed his dancing skills by dancing to “Boy In Luv” by BTS.
- He is fluent in English.
- When he was a trainee, he got first place in dance, rap, and vocals.
- He said that he had never tried rapping before, but when he decided to become a trainee he started writing rap lyrics for his audition.
- Yeonjun really loves bananas and apples, and also likes Mint flavor.
- Doraemon is his favorite Anime character.
- He acts as a fake maknae.
- Yeonjun created the TXT logo.
- He said that he spent five years as a trainee.
- Before debuting, he was a back-up dancer for BTS’ V for the “Singularity” live stage.
- His good friends are ATEEZ’s Wooyoung and Yeosang.
- He is called a fashionista because he likes to wear unique clothes and has the best fashion sense.
- He is a former CUBE Entertainment trainee.
- Yeonjun says that he really loves his senior, BTS and he also says that “Run,” “Butterfly,” and “Spring Day” are his favorite songs!
Other than the facts mentioned above about Yeonjun, there’s more:
- He appeared in an advertisement for a ramen product.
Yeonjun appeared in the ramen advertisement before he debuted with TXT, although just for 21 seconds. The ad ran in 2015 and showed a scene of him wearing a red jacket with a white shirt on the inside. He appeared in the opening with a man in a blue jacket, and at the end of the commercial, he appeared with all the artists.
- Writing a graduation letter for his classmates
Before Big Hit helped him debut, he was already popular in his school. His popularity widened when he wrote a letter, or message, at graduation for his classmate, in the message he said, “Congratulations on your graduation guys! Let’s meet again!” Yeonjun was also often involved in rumors with senior girls, which probably happened because of his face, and he also has a friendly personality.
- Has similar habits with BTS’ Jin
Actually, Yeonjun is very impressed and really likes BTS, especially the oldest member, Jin. Because TXT is the younger brother of BTS, it’s no wonder that all members have the same habits as BTS members and one of them is the oldest member, Yeonjun. He has a unique habit same as BTS’ Jin. They’re the oldest members of their respective groups, and a habit that they have in common is their almost identical sense of humor, namely their “dad jokes.” Besides that, they also often act like the youngest member, which is why they are called “fake maknae.”
TXT’s Yeonjun Debut With TXT
As mentioned before, Yeonjun was the 1st member of TXT that was revealed by Big Hit in a teaser introduction (introduction film) that took place on January 10th, 2019. In that video, Yeonjun is enjoying a whole game at the playground, starting from taking a doll with a machine until karaoke. But in the end, when he offered a mic to his doll, he remembered that he had been alone all along.
Shortly after the introductory film was released, the news about Yeonjun immediately overflowed the social media platforms. This came out from a forum on the internet, and there was someone who claimed that he was Yeonjun’s schoolmate.
The video of every member was released every Friday, so once a week, until the last member of the band was introduced. After Yeonjun, Big Hit uploaded videos of Soobin (as leader), Huening Kai, Taehyun, and the last was Beomgyu. And among the 5 members, only Yeonjun’s video gots the highest views on YouTube, 16 Million. Then, TXT officially debuted on March 4th, 2019, with the release of the “CROWN” music video as their first single.
“CROWN” is a trendy synth-pop nuanced song written by Slow Rabbit, Melanie Fontana, Michel “Lindgren” Schulz, and Supreme Boi. The lyrics express the difficulties of growing up as a teenager. Although the meaning is fairly deep, “CROWN” comes in a cheerful form with a touch of animation and colors that adorn the MV. Even so, Yeonjun’s dance and all members are very energetic. Their first mini-album is The Dream Chapter: Star.
After their launched MV, on the next day, they held a debut showcase at Yes24 Live Hall. Their music video success broke the record for the most viewed K-Pop debut music video within 24 hours for a boy group. A week after that, TXT successfully debuted at No. 1 on Billboard Emerging Artist, World Albums, and World Digital Song sale charts and Billboard 200 making them the fastest K-Pop group ever appearing on the charts and the highest-rated debut album by a K-Pop boy group.
Here is the video of Yeonjun and TXT when they appeared for the first time!