Everything You Need to Know About The Oldest Member of TWICE, Better Known as a Fake Maknae, Im Na-yeon
Im Na-yeon was born on September 22nd, 1995, in Seoul, South Korea. She is better known by the mononym Nayeon. She is a South Korean singer. After winning in the survival television show Sixteen in 2015, she became the lead singer of the South Korean girl group Twice, under JYP Entertainment. For two years in a row (2017 and 2018), she was voted the sixth most popular Korean idol in Gallup Korea’s annual music poll. In Gallup Korea’s annual music poll for 2017, Nayeon was voted the sixth most popular idol in South Korea, ahead of all her groupmates. In the 2018 poll, she was again ranked sixth, receiving 6.7% of the votes.
In this article, Byeol Korea will introduce you with everything you need to know about the oldest member of Twice, Im Na-yeon. Starting from her profile, through the facts about her, her appearance on SIXTEEN, her debut, and a lot more. So, if you want to know just stay tuned!
Full Profile and Facts of Im Na-yeon
Stage Name: Nayeon (나연)
Birth Name: Im Na-yeon (임나연)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Center
Date of Birth: September 22nd, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Official Height: 163 cm (5’4″)/Approx. Real Height: 164 cm (5’5″) *
Weight: 47 kg (104 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Facts About Nayeon
- Nayeon has a younger sister named Im Seo-Yeon.
- When she was a kid, Nayeon entered a child model contest and got cast by JYP. At the time, her mom refused, but 10 years later, in 2010, she secretly entered a JYP open audition and passed.
- Nayeon was chosen for JYP’s girl group 6mix but they disbanded and never debuted.
- She is a big fangirl of F(x) and Krystal, and SNSD’s Taeyeon.
- Nayeon is also a huge fan of Oh My Girl.
- She was the first Sixteen contestant to be announced and also the first member to be confirmed in Twice.
- Her nickname is MC Rail. (IDOL ROOM ep. 10)
- Her representative color is Sky Blue.
- Nayeon likes badminton.
- She likes grapefruitade (beverage).
- Nayeon cannot eat sushi that isn’t salmon sushi, and also cannot eat chicken feet.
- She likes jellies. She likes sweet foods.
- Nayeon’s favorite color is purple (vLive).
- When she’s happy, she raises one arm.
- Nayeon’s left leg is weak due to her being in a car accident when she was still in her childhood years.
- She was surprised that light brown hair doesn’t fit her. After 3 days, she dyed it to all black.
- Nayeon and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo and Jennie are very close friends.
- She starred in San E’s “Please Don’t Go” MV, GOT7’s “Girls Girls Girls” MV, Jun.K’s “No Love” (Japanese) MV, miss A’s “Only You” MV, and Jun.K’s “Your Wedding” MV.
- Nayeon is scared of the sea.
- Nayeon got scolded by Jungyeon for touching her Legos while Jungyeon was doing something else.
- Nayeon is most confident in her lips.
- Nayeon doesn’t think that light brown hair fits her.
- She likes spicy foods.
- Nayeon likes marinated soy sauce crabs.
- She likes salmon sushi.
- Nayeon is most confident in making chicken rice, but (according to Jihyo) she’s also really good at making pho.
- She has the habit of frowning when she’s focused on something.
- According to Jeongyeon in Twice TV6, Nayeon is scared of fireworks.
- Nayeon has a rabbit doll called Kkaengi. She often talks to it and often makes other members talk to that ‘lucky’ doll too.
- Nayeon is a huge fan of IU.
- Nayeon was ranked 82nd on TC Candler “The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2018.”
- In the dorm, Jihyo, Nayeon, Sana, and Mina share the biggest room.
- Nayeon’s ideal type: “I don’t have a particular ideal type, but… Someone trustworthy and dependable; Someone who can take care of me well; Someone who can handle technology well.”
Im Na-yeon’s Appearance on Mnet’s SIXTEEN
Before becoming a member of Twice, Nayeon had already been a part of JYP Entertainment’s trainee program since 2010. After training for around five years, Nayeon competed in the SIXTEEN survival girl group project, which determined the final members of the new girl group formed by JYP Entertainment, TWICE, after successfully debuting Miss A in 2010.
Nayeon was a contestant of the MNET reality show titled SIXTEEN. This event was attended by JYP Entertainment trainees to compete for positions in the girl group TWICE. The reality show SIXTEEN was aired on the Korean television channel in 2015. Eventually, nine girls who were trainees of JYP Entertainment succeeded and won positions in the TWICE girl group, including the oldest member, Nayeon.
Nayeon was the first member chosen by Park Jin-young, the CEO of JYP Entertainment, as a TWICE’s member. She was also praised by Park Jin-young thanks to her nurturing nature and was almost appointed as the leader of TWICE.
Check out Tzuyu and Nayeon’s “Battle” at the Sixteen Audition
The K-Pop industry often screens young talent to be born as new idols. In the form of boy groups, girl groups or solo singers; it turns out it’s not easy for trainees to carry the title of the actual “K-Pop artist,” including Twice’s Tzuyu and Nayeon.
Tzuyu and Nayeon are known as members of the famous girl group in South Korea, Twice. This girl group was formed as a result of a rigorous selection process and is run through a reality show program in South Korea titled Sixteen which was formed by MNET and JYP Entertainment.
All members of the group had to go through a long and tiring process so that they could be chosen as one of the members of the girl group that is surrounded by fans. Under the big three agencies of South Korea, JYP Entertainment, Tzuyu and Nayeon also participated in the selection. The Sixteen program itself is the right place to look for young talent. Tzuyu and Nayeon had been involved in a “fight” on the stage of Sixteen. Each of them demonstrated their skills to be the best.
The “Fight” began when Nayeon appeared on stage with Ariana Grande’s “Santa Tell Me” and appeared very energetic. Once worried, Tzuyu did not want to lose so she performed the Pussycat Dolls’ “Sway” by dancing gracefully on the stage.
Tzuyu’s and Nayeon’s actions are a small part of the strict auditions in the K-Pop industry, especially if they are under the South Korean big three agencies. Now, Twice has been formed with 9 members fronted by Tzuyu, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung with the hits song titled “Like OOH-AHH.”