All You Need to Know About Members of JBJ95, Takada Kenta
Takada Kenta is a K-Pop idol group member from South Korea who joined a boy band/duo called JBJ95 which debuted under Star Road Entertainment. He came to Korea from his home country Japan, to pursue his dream of becoming an idol. In Korea, he lived as a trainee in Star Road Entertainment and had been training for about one year and six months until he joined the reality survival television program Produce 101 Season 2. That’s how the story of his career as an idol in Korea began.
In this article, Byeol Korea will give you a rundown of everything about Takada Kenta’s full profile, interesting facts about Kenta, Takada Kenta in Produce 101 Season 2, his debut with JBJ, his debut with JBJ95, his acting debut in a web drama, and the latest news of Takada Kenta.
Let’s get closer to the sexy cute guy, Takada Kenta!
Takada Kenta’s Full Profile
- Stage Name: Kenta
- Real Name: Takada Kenta
- Korean Name: Go Geon-tae
- Place and Date of Birth: Japan, January 10th, 1995
- Age: 24
- Zodiac Sign: Capricon
- Hometown: Fujioka, Japan
- Nationality: Japanese
- Position: Main Vocal, Main Dancer, Face of the Group
- Height: 173 cm
- Weight: 56 kg
- Blood Type: B
- Education: Senior High School of Gunma Fujioka Kita
- Family: Parents
- Occupation: Singer
- Specialty: Korean Language, latte Art
- Hobbies: Reading book, Listening of Music, Finding Cafe, Studying
- Agency: Star Road Entertainment
- Instagram: rkm0855
- Twitter: kenta_starroad
- Facebook: KENTA
Interesting Facts About Kenta:
- -He is Japanese
- -He is called “Sexy cute Kenta”
- -Kenta was a member of a cover group
- -Kenta trained for 1 year and 3 months before going to Produce 101 Season 2
- -On PD101 Season 2 he was eliminated in Episode 10 (Ranked 24th)
- -He then joined the group JBJ requested by fans after Produce 101 Season 2
- -He is a big fan of Teen Top‘s Ricky and Highlight
- -Kenta is friends with Teen Top‘s Ricky
- -Everyone teases and lies to Kenta and he oftentimes believes them (Poor Kenta)
- -He’s terrible at telepathy games
- -Kenta doesn’t like organizing (Keep your eyes on us JBJ)
- -He also doesn’t like milk (Just be Joyful Ep.4)
- -He can dance to many K-Pop Girl Groups’ songs
- -Kenta loves cats
- -Kenta’s hand is 18 cm (Just be Joyful Ep.3)
- -He dances to “Despacito” anywhere and anytime whenever it’s played
- -He’s pure sexy (Weekly Idol)
- -Kenta and JBJ95’s Sanggyun will act in the web drama Barefoot Diva
- -He has a Korean Proverb book with him so he can learn them in his free time and have a better TV Persona
- -Kenta cares a lot about his skin
- -In his fridge, he keeps big boxes of face masks and applies them almost every day
- -He has a tattoo on his ankle in the shape of a star
- -It’s hard for him to say no
- -Since it’s hard for Kenta to say no Kenta does most of the chores while Sanggyun plays games
- -Because of him doing chores he feels like he’s is the mom while Sanggyun is the son
- -Whenever Kenta feels stressed he’ll go on a run by himself
- -Whenever he feels down there’s a bridge he likes to go to, to help him find answers
- -When he was a trainee and was broke and couldn’t afford many meals, he also had a part-time job in a cafe and his boss treated him well listening to his concerns
- -Kenta’s father is a man of few words and he has never told Kenta that he loves him. So when his father hugged him he was shocked.
- -Kenta knows a lot about girl group dances
- -When he was part of JBS, he shared a room with Sang-gyun
- -He said that Sang-gyun is the one who taught him a lot about Korea
- -Kenta recorded the soundtrack for The Guardian drama with the title “Wanna Be With You,” and for the drama of Lovers in Bloom with the title “Let’s Love.”
Takada Kenta in Produce 101 Season 2
Produce 101 is a reality survival competition television series that airs on Mnet, one of the television channels in South Korea. In each season, trainees from various entertainment agencies compete against each other to form a project group that will promote for a set amount of time. Starting in 2016 with 101 female trainees from various entertainment agencies, Produce 101 continued their program to season 2 with 101 male trainees from various agencies in 2017.
This survival program has become a very famous program for introducing new idols in South Korea. The program started again in 2018 for season 3 with 101 female trainees, but with a different concept, namely that the trainees came from two countries, Korea and Japan. In 2019, they have been finishing season 4 with 101 female trainees again.
Takada Kenta is one of the male trainees in Produce 101 Season 2. He was a representative trainee from Star Road Entertainment and the only Japanese member of Produce 101 Season 2.
Kenta originally joined in class C but after the evaluation grade got upgraded to class B. His final rank was 24th and he was eliminated during the 3rd evaluation. In Produce 101, Kenta had the opportunity to perform with various evaluation teams. He was in Infinite – Be Mine team for the 1st evaluation, BTS – Spring Day team for the 2nd evaluation, and Knock of Produce 101 – Open Up team for the 3rd evaluation.
The team Open Up became the first team that got the most votes in the group evaluation and they made a special performance on Mnet’s Music Show M! Countdown.