Meet Seoh-hyun The Beautiful Maknae of Former Member SNSD
Seohyun who has full name Seo Ju-hyun is a South Korean singer and actress. She is popular since debut as member of Girls Generation in August 2007, one of South Korea’s most famous girl groups worldwide. Seohyun becomes the youngest member in the girl group with her best talent in singing.
Now, she already move from her label SM Entertainment since January 2017 even though still remain ad Girls Generation member then join Namoo Actors to be sharpen her skill in acting on 2019. Let’s get to know Seohyun a little bit more on this Byeol Korea. You may get more understand about her story!
Full Profile of Seo-hyun
Stage Name: Seohyun (서현)
Birth Name: Seo Joo Hyun (서주현)
Birth Date: June 28, 1991
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Birth Place: Seoul, South Korea
Height: 168 cm (5’6″)
Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Hobbies: Listening to music
Specialty: Chinese, piano
– She was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– She is the only one child on her family, she doesn’t have siblings.
– She was cast during 2003 SM Casting System.
– Some of her nicknames are: Maknae (the youngest one), Seobaby, Seororo, Hyun, Joohyun.
– She speaks Korean, basic Chinese, basic Japanese, and basic English.
– She doesn’t like hamburgers.
– She likes eating Goguma (Sweet potatoes).
– She close to Yoona before debut
– She is the second tallest in the Girls’ Generation (SNSD) after is Sooyoung.
– She usually doing mistakes during performances.
– She said her ideal man is Johnny Depp.
– She loves the manga/dorama Nodame Cantabile.
– Seohyun hates unhealthy foods.
– Seohyun is very obedient to the rule, she always uses a safety belt even if she is in the back seat.
– Seohyun loves to read books but eventually doesn’t read a lot.
– Seohyun could not drop her habit of using honorifics.
– Seohyun always having herbal medicine in her backpack.
– Seohyun once making Taeyeon into watching Keroro.
– Seohyun get upset and cried since their Manager Oppa said if they Won a MMA award he would quit smoking instead he smoked in front of her.
– Seohyun and Taeyeon sang together the Beethoven Virus OST called “Can you hear me”
– Seohyun can imitate alarm clocks.
– Seohyun has once lost her shoe while performing “Tell Me Your Wish” live.
– Seohyun has a habit of waking up when someone turns on the light or calls out to her.
– Seohyun tried to post all 1000 Keroro stickers everywhere around the Girls’ dorm but her SNSD members prevented her from doing that.
– Seohyun will stay quiet and exhale through her nose whenever she is angry.
– SNSN members said that Seohyun takes the longest out of all the members in the bathroom.
– Seohyun went to the same school with SHINee’s Onew.
– She was one of popular couple in We Got Married with virtual husband Jung Yonghwa CN Blue, the leader of CN Blue, they were given the nickname “Sweet Potato Couple”.
– Seohyun went to the same high-school with Yoona (Daeyeong High School) but then she transferred to Taeyeon’s alma mater, Jeonju Arts High School, and graduated there.Lastly, she started attending Dongguk University’s Department of Art along with Yoona.
– She showed in all this dramas: “Unstoppable Marriage” (2007), “Passionate Love” (2012), “The Producers” (ep.1), “Warm and Cozy” (2015), “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo”, “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo” (2016), “Bad Thief, Good Thief” (2017), “Time” (2018).
– She acted in musicals such as: “Moon Embracing the Sun” (2014), “Gone with the Wind” (2015).
– She acted in the Chinese movie “So I married an Anti fan” on 2016.
– Seohyun become the subgroup of SNSD called “TTS” together with Taeyeon and Tiffany since April 2012.
– Seohyun and Yuri released a song via SM Station, titled “Secret” on August 28, 2016.
– Seohyun became the 3rd member to release a solo album, with her debut extended play titled “Don’t Say No” on January 2017.
– Seohyun said “I’ll always do my best to be with the unnies (sisters in SNSD) when I’m needed as a part of Girls’ Generation in the future” (November 3, 2017 – Instagram)
– Seohyun was working with Sublime Artist Agency (no contract was set) but she left back in May 2018 and started working on a one-person agency with the help of her close friends and father.
– Recently, Seohyun signed with new agency Namoo Actors on March 2019.
– Seohyun’s ideal type: “Courtesy is the most important factor. I wish he was a guy who can understand from the opposite point of view, and someone who I can always interact with a smile. Seeing a guy like him will probably make me feel better as well.”
Seo-hyun Debut at Young Age with SNSD
Since little child, she already get access learning music especially piano, violin, and traditional Korean drums. Her mother eventually was a chairman at piano private school. Besides, Seohyun also learning how to do horseback riding and skating.
Actually her parents never encourage her to be come artist or celebrity, but she credited that her parents choose her path by making her try experience different things.
Seohyun was discovered by a talent scout while riding in a subway train as a fifth grader and doing audition right after that. She sang children’s songs for her audition at SM Entertainment, and got accepted as a trainee.
Seohyun said that BoA, S.E.S and Fin.K.L. one of her idols and influences to become a singer, expressing “I thought it was cool to show and communicate the emotions through songs”. Then in August 2007, Seohyun made her official debut as the youngest member of girl group Girls’ Generation. As the way we see, this girl group become the Nation Girls’ Group in South Korea since gained the highest popularity after the release of their hit single “Gee” in 2009 and several songs after that.