Learn More About Shannon William
Half Welsh and half South Korean, Shannon Areum Williams Lees, known professionally as Shannon, is definitely someone who brings diversity into K-Pop. She is a British-South Korean singer and actress based in South Korea. She officially debuted as a solo artist in December 2014 with her digital single, “Daybreak Rain.” She previously was a solo singer under MBK Entertainment before she left the agency on January 24th, 2019. She was originally a trainee and was supposed to debut as the main vocalist of the girl group F-ve Dolls. However, after long consideration, she eventually decided to debut as a solo artist.
In this article, Byeol Korea will provide you with updates on Singer and Actress, Shannon: Profile, Appearance on SBS’ Kpop Star, Leaving MBK Entertainment, and More. So, stay tuned!
Full Profile of Shannon William
- Stage Name: Shannon
- Birth Name: Shannon Arrum Williams-Lees
- Korean Name: Ah Rum Williams
- Nickname: Pix
- Date of Birth: May 26th, 1998
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Nationality: British-Welsh-Korean
- Height: 162 cm
- Weight: 45 kg
- Twitter: @shannon_mbk
- Instagram: @shannonarrumwilliams
- Facebook: musicshannon
- Daum Café: official-shannon
- V Live: Shannon
Interesting Facts About Shannon William
- Her birthplace is London, United Kingdom.
- His father is Welsh and her mother is Korean.
- She talks in a British accent when speaking English because she grew up in the United Kingdom.
- She has two twin stepbrothers called Jonah Lees & Christian Lees.
- Her fandom name is called Pixies.
- She attended Sylvia Young Theatre School when she lived in London.
- She has a dog called Cherry.
- She prefers white chocolate over dark chocolate.
- She prefers being a solo artist rather than being in a group.
- She is best friends with Kim Dani.
- She is friends with AKMU‘s Soohyun, Red Velvet‘s Yeri, f(x)‘s Amber, Super Junior-M’s Zhoumi, and Got7‘s Jackson.
- She was featured in T-Ara‘s “Day & Night” MV.
- She was supposed to debut in F-VE DOLLS but she withdrew to debut as a solo artist.
- She played in a musical for Les Miserable.
- She would like to collaborate with BoA.
- She is well known for her four-octave range.
- According to Shannon, on her Insta story, she said she hates her own song called “Why Why.”
- She was on King of Mask Singer. She had a great experience on the show because she was judged on her vocals and not her appearance.
- She was on Star King when she was young numerous times.
- Her role model is IU.
- Shannon’s Ideal Type: She says she does not have a type. However, she wants someone who can understand her as a perfectionist and someone who is willing to talk about their emotions and feelings. She likes someone who is older than her because she needs someone with the same maturity level.
Shannon William’s Pre-debut Story
Shannon first appeared on South Korean media through SBS’ Star King in 2010 and she gained attention after she expressed her excellent singing skills in 2011. She then moved to South Korea to pursue a career in music and signed an exclusive contract with Core Contents Media (now known as MBK Entertainment) in 2011 and was trained for five years.
In 2012, Shannon was recruited to join CCM’s girl group F-ve Dolls as a new member. However, she decided to withdraw from the group and debut as a solo artist. After her withdrawal, CCM announced that it would take another one to two years of training to polish Shannon’s singing skills before she can debut as a solo artist. Prior to her debut as a solo artist, she released a collaboration single, “Day and Night” with Areum (former member of T-ara) and Gun-ji (Gavy NJ) and also was featured in singer Yangpa’s song, “Together.”
Shannon appeared in an episode of JTBC’s Hidden Singer 2 as one of the impersonators of singer IU in 2013. She also reappeared on JTBC’s Hidden Singer 2 for the “King of Kings” final round and performed IU’s “Good Day” and Beyoncé’s “Listen” in 2014, but she was eliminated before the final round.
On January 29th, 2014, Shannon released her pre-debut single “Remember You” featuring Speed’s Jongkook to commemorate the end of her three-year training for her debut.
Shannon William Debut as a Solo Artist
On December 1st, 2014, Shannon officially made her debut with the release of a digital single titled “Daybreak Rain.”
In December of the same year, she along with Vasco and Giriboy released a collaboration single titled “Breath.”
Shannon released her first mini-album, Eighteen, on March 6th, 2015. The album consists of seven tracks with the lead single “Why Why.”
Shannon released her collaboration digital single “Love X Get Off” with rapper Yuk Ji-dam on July 10th, 2015. She made an appearance on her labelmate showcase, Speed Day, which aired on SBS MTV. She performed “Let It Go,” a famous song from the soundtrack of the movie Frozen, and Rihanna’s “Diamonds” with Dani.
On March 3rd, 2016, Shannon released a single, “Lachrymal Gland,” featuring Soheechan as part of the 2gether project.
In 2017, Shannon released her second digital single “Love Don’t Hurt.” The single contains two versions, Korean version featuring Lil’ Boi and English version featuring f(x)’s Amber.
In July the same year, she released her second mini-album, Hello. The EP contains five tracks, including the title track “Hello.” Shannon held comeback showcase at the Yes24 Muv Hall on July 27th, one day before the release of the album. Then, on July 31st, the music video of “Hello” was released.
Shannon released her third digital single “Hatred Farewell” in 2018.