All You Need to Know About S.E.S Leader And Main Vocalist ‘BADA’
Choi Sung-hee was born on February 28, 1980 in Bucheon, Gyeonggi, South Korea, or better known as Bada or Sea, a South Korean singer and musical actress. She is a member of the K-pop women’s vocal group, S.E.S. Bada has released four solo albums and four singles. Bada won the Best Actress award at the 3rd Musical Awards and has starred in ten musicals to date.
Her father is Choi Sae-wol, a trot singer with a background in Korean pansori. Due to financial difficulties during her childhood, especially after her father fell ill, she lived in a container house provided by a local church for nine years until she debuted. In a series of public lectures for adolescents, she conveyed the early journey of her career and encouraged students not to allow their backgrounds to become obstacles in achieving dreams.
Bada was coached by Lee Soo-man and entered SM Entertainment. She debuted as a leader and became the main vocal of S.E.S., the first female K-pop group to achieve great success. Bada studied theater at Dankook University.
Bada’s Full Profile
|Real Name||Choi Sung-hee (최성희)|
|Stage Name||Bada (바다) Or Sea|
|Born||February 28, 1980, Bucheon, Gyeonggi, South Korea|
Bada’s Interesting Facts
- Dankook University’s education majored in Theater
- She has a sister and younger sister.
- Her father is Choi Sae-wol, a trot singer.
- She lived in a container house provided by the local church for 9 years until her debut, due to financial struggles during her childhood, especially after her father fell ill.
- Bada was guided by Lee Soo-man and entered SM Entertainment.
- She was the first member to be revealed in the group.
- In 2002 her contract with SM Entertainment ended, and she left the company.
- In 2003 Bada signed an exclusive contract with WoongJin entertainment.
- In 2003, Bada released her debut album “A Day of Renew”
- She played in several musicals such as “Peppermint”, “Broadway on 42nd Street”, “Mozart!”, “Legally Blonde”, “The Scarlet Pimpernel”, “Notre-Dame de Paris”, “Carmen”.
- Bada won the Best Actress at the 3rd The Musical Awards and has starred in ten musicals to date.
- She is a vocal coach for Idol School, an event that forms the group, fromis_9.
- On March 23, 2017, she married a franchise who was nine years younger than her.
- Bada’s ideal type: “When you first see it, you feel a certain feeling. Is there someone like that?”