DJ Tukutz, Epik High’s Producer and DJ
DJ Tukutz is a member of one of the famous hip hop group in Korea, Epik High. He is a producer, DJ and engineer of Epik High. DJ Tukutz often plays keyboards or DJs in the corner of the K-pop stage, and the camera shows him only two cuts at most, giving him the nickname DJ two cuts. That’s a little of DJ Tukutz’s facts! Wanna know more? Stay tuned because Byeol Korea will explain all about DJ Tukutz in the article below.
EPIK HIGH DJ Tukutz’s Full Profile
- Stage Name: DJ Tukutz
- Position: Producer, Turntablist, Engineer
- Real Name: Kim Jeong-sik
- Nickname: Street T, DJ Carrot
- Birth of Date: November 19, 1981
- Birth of Place: Seoul, South Korea
- Star Sign: Scorpio
- Height: 17 4cm
- Weight: 62 kg
- Spouse: Euijin Lee
- Children: Yoonwoo Kim [son], Taeyeon Kim [daughter]
- Education: Dong-A College of Broadcasting Arts, Audio Production
- Debut Date: October 23, 2003 [1st album: Map of the Human Soul]
- Agency: Woolim Entertainment (2003), YG Entertainment (2012-2018), William Morris Endeavor (2019-present)
- Official Twitter: Tukutz81
- Official Instagram: realtukutz
EPIK HIGH DJ Tukutz’s Facts
- DJ Tukutz was dropped out of the Department of Law at Myongji University and graduated from the Department of Sound Production at Dong-A University of Broadcasting Arts.
- The stage name used from debut until the 7th album is ‘DJ Tukutz (DJ two cut)’; The stage name officially used after the 7th album is ‘Tukutz (two cut) aka Street T’
- DJ Tukutz participated in security operations during the G20 Seoul meeting while in military.
- His son was born on December 14, 2012, and his daughter was born on March 15, 2016.
- When he was in the army, he made a rap version of a divisionist. For your information, the rap was played by a dynamic duo. It is said that this version is also used as a military song for foot volleyball.
EPIK HIGH DJ Tukutz’s Story with EPIK HIGH
DJ Tukutz debut with Epik High on October 23, 2003 with their first album, “Map of the Human Soul” under Woolim Entertainment. Epik High consist of Tablo, Mithra Jin, and Tukutz. The group originally formed in 2001. They made their first appearance as hip hop group in Seoul. Since the genre was uncommon with public audiences, the group was largely unknown early in their careers, with critics finding little demand for “lyrically complex music” that did not fit the K-pop model of the time.
As time goes by, Epik High started to be known by public through their amazing works. They’ve been promoting well and doing concerts and tours around USA, Japan, Asia, North America, Europe, and many more. They also received many awards from various music awards with category such as Discovery of the Year (2014), Hip-Hop Award (2005), Main Prize (Bonsang) (2007, 2012, 2015).
EPIK HIGH DJ Tukutz’s Love Story and Marriage Life
DJ Tukutz’s marriage was held as a private one. He was getting married on October 13, 2009. DJ Tukutz was hoping to marry at the end of the year (2009) before the start of his military duty early next year (2010), but the date of the military service was postponed to October 15th, driving him to move up the wedding date as well.
The two first met years back, but started dating a year and a half prior. She was his first love, who is two years older than him. DJ Tukutz says he knew they were made for each other from the moment he first saw her. The reason why he wanted to get married before leaving for the army, because it would be as well difficult for both of them to hold up for two a long time without any ensure of their future life together.
In December 2012, DJ Tukutz welcoming their first son named Yoon Woo. In March 2016, he also welcoming their second child, a daughter. A rep from the YGE said, “DJ Tukutz’s daughter has just been born. Please send him your congratulations.”