Learn More About LOONA’s Hee-jin
Jeon Hee-jin is the first revealed member of LOOΠΔ and a member of its first subunit, LOOΠΔ 1/3. She debuted on September 26th, 2016, as a member of the group and subsequently released her solo single album HeeJin on October 5th, 2016.
LOOΠΔ is a South Korean girl group formed by Blockberry Creative. The twelve members of the group were revealed periodically, according to their Korean name Idarui Sonyeo, which translates to “Girl of the Month.” Loona commenced their pre-debut project in August 2016, with each member releasing a promotional single over the next eighteen months. The group has formed three subunits: Loona 1/3, Loona Odd Eye Circle, and Loona yyxy. In 2018, LOOΠΔ released their debut EP as a full ensemble, [+ +] with the title tracks “Favorite” and “Hi High.” In 2019, they released the repacked album [X X] with “Butterfly” as the lead single.
In this article, Byeol Korea will provide you with updates on the leader of the girl group LOONA, Hee-jin. So, stay tuned!
Full Profile of LOONA’s Hee-jin
- Stage Name: Hee-jin
- Birth Name: Jeon Hee-jin
- Birthplace: Daejeon, South Korea
- Date of Birth: October 19th, 2000
- Age: 19 Years Old
- Height: 1.60 m
- Blood Type: A
- Weight: 45 kg
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Nationality: Korean
- Color: bright pink
- Nicknames: Heekki, Pumpkin Jeon, Carrot Girl, Jeonnie Jin, Heettongie, Founder
- Family: Jeon Yi-kyung (older sister), Jeon Yoon-kyung (older sister)
- Education: St. Paul Girls’ Middle School (graduated), Hansung Girls’ High School (graduated)
- Languages: Korean (fluent), Japanese (learning)
- Position: Leader, Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Visual, Center
- Instruments: Guitar, piano
- Hobbies: Visiting bakeries, playing sudoku, calligraphy
- Likes: Animals, bread, scented things, eating alone
- Dislikes: Pigeons’ Messiness, cigarettes
- Personality: Hard-working, confident, friendly, energetic, optimistic
- Current residence: LOOΠΔ Dormitory, Seoul, South Korea
- Roommates: Hyun-jin, HaSeul, Yeo-jin, ViVi, Kim Lip, Jin-soul, Choerry
- SubUnit: LООПΔ ⅓
Facts About LOONA’s Hee-jin
- She was born in Bundang-gu, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
- She has two older sisters.
- She is the October Girl (she was presented in October 2016).
- In the audition, she sang Lin’s “A-live” and got accepted.
- She is represented by a rabbit.
- Her designated color is bright pink.
- Heejin’s English name is Zoe.
- Her nicknames are Heekkie (“Bunny”), Founder (She founded the Loonaverse), and Ambitious Bunny.
- In middle school, she started attending a dance academy.
- Hee-jin graduated from Hansung Girls’ High School alongside Hyun-jin on January 7th, 2019.
- She was a trainee for a year.
- Heejin can play the guitar.
- Heejin’s eyebrows are sort and gray-colored.
- Heejin can twist her tongue from side to side.
- She can speak Japanese.
- Heejin is afraid of pigeons.
- Heejin is allergic to fur.
- Heejin’s role model is Lucia.
- Heejin lived in the countryside, so it took her four hours to get to the practice room in Seoul.
- Heejin has a doll that she really likes and brings everywhere.
- Heejin was a contestant in YG’s survival show MIXNINE.
- Heejin was voted as the most beautiful female Mixnine contestant by Korean netizens.
- Heejin made it to #4 in the MIXNINE finale, but her team didn’t get to debut because the male trainees won.
- Heejin was a guest in a panel of celebrities in King of Masked Singer Episode 171.
- She released her single “ViViD.”
- In 2018, she performed “Egoist (ft. Jin-soul)” as Olivia Hye.
LOONA’s Hee-jin Trainee Days
Hee-jin was born as Jeon Hee Jin on October 19th, 2000, in Bundang District, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. She is the youngest of three daughters in her family. Hee-jin realized that she wants to become a singer when she was in middle school. At one time, she shared similar dreams with both of her sisters, but they remained unfulfilled. She has stated that one of the reasons she became a singer was to make her sisters’ unfulfilled dreams come true and has cited her sisters as being her biggest supporters. For this, she traveled four hours distances in order to attend a dance academy. Her father began discouraging her dreams of becoming a singer after she was rejected at 20 different auditions.
However, in 2015, she was cast through social media by BlockBerry Creative and became a trainee. Hee-jin trained for one year before she was selected to be the first member of the agency’s upcoming girl group, LOOΠΔ.
LOONA’s Hee-jin Pre-debut Story
On September 25th, 2016, a video teaser titled “LOONA’s 1st Member ‘HeeJin’ SeoulTeaser” was released on YouTube featuring promotional posters of Hee-jin in the streets of Seoul. Hee-jin is the only member to not have a “Who’s Next Girl?” teaser image because she is the first member and hence it was not necessary.
On October 2nd, 2016, BlockBerry Creative released a video teaser titled “Paris” to tease the acoustic mix of ViViD featuring Hee-jin while filming in Paris.
She debuted on September 26th, 2016, as a member of the girl group LOOΠΔ and subsequently released her solo single album Hee-jin on October 5th, 2016.
She was later revealed to be a member of its first subunit, LOOΠΔ 1/3.
Hee-jin was featured in a special version of Jin-soul’s “Singing in the Rain” where she covered the rap part of the song.
Hee-jin was also featured in Olivia Hye and Go Won‘s duet, “Rosy,” where she also covered the rap part of the song.