Get to Know More about Kim Dasom, from Idol to Actress
You might be familiar with girl group SISTAR, right? SISTAR is a group from South Korea that is known for having a concept that is sexy, but still elegant. SISTAR debuted in 2010 under Starship Entertainment. SISTAR is also the first girl-group to be named by Starship Entertainment and is very popular. However, in 2017 Starship Entertainment declared the group disbanded and none of the other members renewed their contracts with the agency. Bora, Hyolyn, Soyou, and Dasom all chose to focus on independent careers instead.
In this article, Byeol Korea will tell you all about one of SISTAR’s members, Kim Dasom. The idol is the group’s maknae, or youngest member, and besides being a talented singer and dancer, she’s also known for having talent at acting, too.
Want to know more about her? Check this out!
Kim Dasom’s Full Profile and Facts
- Real Name: Kim Dasom
- Stage Name: Dasom
- Date of Birth: May 6, 1993
- Age: 26 years old
- Position: Visual, Vocalist, Maknae
- Height: 167 cm
- Weight: 44 kg
- Education: Anyang High School of Arts, Konkuk University (majoring in Film)
- Blood Type: A
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Instagra : @som0506
Kim Dasom Fun Facts
- She started her acting career in 2012, in the sitcom Shut Up Family.
- Kim Dasom’s favorite color is yellow.
- She has an older brother.
- In 2013 Dasom was one of the MCs for the Golden Disc Awards.
- Dasom renewed her contract with Starship Entertainment.
- Before becoming a trainee a Starship trainee, Dasom and Hyolyn had both been trainees at JYP Entertainment. However, Dasom felt disappointed by JYP Entertainment and finally decided to join Starship Entertainment with Hyolyn.
- Dasom has very fair skin compared to the other members of her former group, it’s like the color of milk.
- Besides acting, since 2012 Dasom has also starred in several music videos, such as a music video from VIXX.
- Dasom launched her first solo song in 2015, entitled You’re Mine. In 2017, she launched a collaboration song, entitled You & I.
- In 2015, Kim Dasom landed the main role in the only film she starred in, Like a French Film.
- Her ideal type, “My ideal type is a manly man, but the type of guy I tend to fall for is an innocent guy with little dating experience. Fascinatingly enough, all of them have had AB type blood as well.”
- Aside from actively singing and acting, Kim Dasom has also been the host for several events.
- Her favorite singers are Adele and Justin Timberlake.
- Dasom demanded legal action against anyone who made a malicious comment about her.
- Prior to debuting as a singer, Dasom had won various poetry and songwriting contests.
Kim Dasom’s Debut as SISTAR Member
Before becoming an artist under Starship Entertainment, Kim Dasom started out as a trainee at JYP Entertainment. Unfortunately, she felt she was not being treated well by JYP Entertainment, so she left and signed up with Starship Entertainment instead. After haivng a long trainee period, Kim Dasom finally debuted together with Bora, Hyolyn, and Soyou in 2010 as SISTAR. On June 3, 2010, they released their debut single, titled Push Push, and debuted on KBS’s Music Bank. The name SISTAR became more famous after they released the song So Cool in 2012 and won awards in various music shows.
Kim Dasom is known as the youngest member in the group and is the tallest member of group, which earned her the nickname the giant maknae. Kim Dasom also has the fairest skin among the members. SISTAR, as a group, is knownfor its sexy concept in all their songs and choreography. The group has also been referred to as the Queens of Summer because they release songs in the summer and always appear with sexy and exotic concepts.
However, after seven years since their debut as a girl-group, SISTAR was finally declared disbanded and all the members went on to focus on their respective careers. Kim Dasom focused on her acting, going on to star in several dramas. In June, 2017, Kim Dasom opened up about the dissolution of SISTAR. She said, “as for SISTAR’s disbandment, the members have all shared our opinions since the beginning of this year. So there was a lot of time to organize our thoughts.”
Reporting from Soompi, “with that said, seven years is a long time and it would lie to say that it wasn’t hard,” she added. “I have no time to be sad about SISTAR’s disbandment and have to focus on acting. However, this project was very important to me and a huge opportunity for me, so I tried so that I focused on stray.”
She explained, “we are so happy that we can each focus on our own paths. Nothing bad happened, and it was just a choice we made for our individual paths.” Even though SISTAR was disbanded, all the members continued to communicate and support each other, even getting together just to hang out.
Kim Dasom’s Solo Activity as Actress
After the group’s disbandment, all the members had to figure out what to do next. Hyolyn focused on setting up her own agency and becoming a soloist, Soyou focused on her solo career as a singer, and both Bora and Dasom worked on developing their careers in acting. She made her drama debut in 2013 through the series Love Rides the Song and, in 2015, she appeared in The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law. She’s most recently appeared on KBS 2TV’s Ms. Kim’s Mystery as the lead actress.
In one interview, Dasom revealed her passion for acting. She loved the way the director would take the camera and give a compliment to her for her good work. Previously, the actress showed her the best appearance on the drama My Sister Is Alive as Eun Ji-soo, who was an investigator. Because of this role, Dasom earned the Best New Actress award at the 2017 SBS Drama Awards.