Get Closer With EX-B2ST Member – Jang Hyun-seung
Jang Hyun-seung, or better known as Hyunseung, is a singer and dancer from South Korea who joined the boy group B2ST (BEAST) under CUBE Entertainment. His name soared when Hyunseung became a member of the B2ST boy group (BEAST) and became a member of the duo group (Trouble Maker) with HyunA. Hyunseung’s career began at the age of 14 when he auditioned for YG Entertainment, but he was eliminated in the third round. However, he decided to meet with CEO Yang Hyun-suk and was finally accepted as a YG Entertainment trainee.
After undergoing training for a year and four months, Hyunseung finally secured himself a place in the debut line-up of YG Entertainment’s new boy group BIGBANG. Hyunseung received attention when he appeared in the BIGBANG Documentary pre-debut documentary, along with other members, G-Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri, who appeared in 10 out of 11 episodes. However, Hyunseung was eliminated by Seungri and failed to debut as a member of BIGBANG. After failing to debut, Hyunseung met Yang Yo-seob who then invited him to join CUBE Entertainment. And finally, Hyunseung officially debuted as a member of B2ST (BEAST) in 2009.
On November 25th, 2011, Hyunseung officially debuted with a duo group called Trouble Maker with HyunA (a former member of 4Minute). Trouble Maker successfully won the Best Collaboration nomination at the 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards. On May 8th, 2015, Hyunseung officially made his solo debut with the release of a single titled “You’re The First.” On February 19th, 2016, Cube Entertainment announced that Hyun-seung officially left B2ST in order to focus on the improvement and advancement of his solo career.
In this article, Byeol Korea will provide you with a detailed explanation of everything you need to know about Jang Hyun-seung a former member of B2ST. From his profile, facts, military enlistment, to his latest news. So, stay tuned and keep scrolling down this article.
Full Profile of Jang Hyun-seung
Jang Hyun-seung, or better known by the name Hyunseung, is a former member of the famous boy band B2ST (BEAST) under CUBE Entertainment, who is now focused on his career as a solo singer. Here is the full profile of Jang Hyun-seung!
Stage name: Hyunseung (현승)
Birth Name: Jang Hyun-seung (장현승)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Dancer
Date of Birth: September 3rd, 1989
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 58 kg
Blood Type: B
Origin: Suncheon, Jeollanam-do, South Korea
Agency: Cube Entertainment
Education: Dongshin University
Facts About Jang Hyun-seung
- Hyunseung was born in Suncheon, Jeollanam-do, South Korea.
- Hyunseung grew up in Seoul, South Korea.
- His hobby is singing.
- Hyunseung has a younger sister named Jang Geu-rim.
- His father died in September 2012, due to a sudden heart attack.
- Hyunseung said he wanted to date Miranda Kerr.
- When he was 15 years old, Hyunseung auditioned for YG Entertainment but was eliminated in the third round. However, after meeting with YG Entertainment’s CEO Yang Hyun-suk he was accepted as a trainee.
- Hyunseung is a former YG Entertainment trainee, and he was supposed to debut with BIGBANG.
- Hyunseung was a trainee for a year and four months at YG Entertainment.
- At YG Entertainment, Hyunseung used the stage name S0-1.
- Hyunseung appeared in Big Bang Documentary along with the original five Big Bang members. He appeared in 10 of 11 episodes that aired. However, he was eliminated from the group in the last round when he had to stand against Seungri.
- Big Bang’s T.O.P said that Hyunseung and Seungri had been involved in a conflict that caused them to fight.
- Even though he didn’t debut with the other BIGBANG members, Hyunseung still remained friendly with all the members of Big Bang.
- Hyunseung is good friends with G-Dragon.
- Hyunseung likes to clean up something messy.
- Hyunseung is a former member of B2ST (BEAST).
- Hyunseung left B2ST in April 2016.
- Hyunseung is the only former B2ST member who renewed his contract with CUBE Entertainment.
- On May 7th, 2015, Hyunseung released his solo album titled My.
- Hyunseung played in musicals such as Mozart! and Bonnie & Clyde.
- In 2016, Hyunseung won the Best Male Artist (South Korea) Award at the 4th annual V-Chart Music Awards in China.
- In 2016 he appeared as a dancer in Hit the Stage.
- Hyunseung is a member of the Trouble Maker duo with HyunA (a former member of 4Minute).
- Hyunseung’s ideal type: he doesn’t have a specific woman as his ideal type.