Details About LE, Rapper of the Girl Group EXID
Ahn Hyo-jin, born on December 10th, 1991, professionally known as LE, is a South Korean rapper, producer, and songwriter. She has been a member of the K-Pop girl group EXID since 2012. She was previously a member of the underground hip-hop group, Jiggy Fellaz, performing under the stage name, Elly.
In this article, we are going to talk more about the details of her life and career, so, stay tuned keep scrolling!
Full Profile and Facts of EXID LE
Stage Name: LE (엘이)
Birth Name: Ahn Hyo Jin (안효진)
Date of Birth: December 10th, 1991
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Birthplace: Cheonan, South Korea
Blood Type: AB
Facts About EXID LE
– LE has a younger brother
– She loves playing with Legos
– LE and Zinger (Secret) are really close
– She collaborated with Huh Gak for the song “Whenever You Play That Song”
– Under the stage name Elly she was part of an underground group called Jiggy Fellaz
– The girl who sings in MBLAQ’s “Oh yeah” is LE
– She collaborated with BIGSTAR’s FeelDog & B2ST’s Junhyung for “You Got Some Nerve”
– LE trained under Cube Entertainment
– She participated in Show Me the Money 2
– LE has 6 tattoos: 1. a heart and there’s a music note inside to express her love for music (info from shaRtube) 2. one that says “inner peace” 3. a peace sign, heart, and smiley face 4. “Deny me and be doomed,” from a musical about a trans rock band members and their journey 5. Love 6. Frida (Frida being Frida Kahlo the artist, who she likes a lot)
– LE has composed 51 songs, as of 2017 (shaRtube)
– LE has a scooter named Pinz
– She also has a dog named Wooyoo
– LE auditioned for JYP entertainment but failed
– LE sang the chorus line (sugar-free) on T-ara’s song “Sugar Free”
– Despite LE’s personality, especially when she performs, she’s the most feminine member of EXID according to her fellow members
– Hani and LE check stores’ supplies of vitamins whenever they get off airplanes
– LE’s nickname is Ahn Dirty because she never cleaned up when they lived together
– LE doesn’t like rides on amusement parks. She always talked about this when they were on Showtime.
– LE is really close with the model Park Hwan Hee
– EXID was expected to make their debut in January, but they postponed it because LE injured her leg during their choreography practice
–LE Ideal Type: Cha Seung Won
Debut as a Member of EXID
In May 2011, producer Shinsadong Tiger and AB Entertainment scouted several trainees from JYP Entertainment to form a new girl group. Trainee Yuji was the first to join when a JYP girl group failed to debut. Yuji contacted the trainees Hani, Haeryeong, and Junghwa to audition for AB, and all three were subsequently accepted into the agency.
The group added a fifth member when Shinsadong Tiger discovered LE, an underground rapper and songwriter who performed under the name Elly. Dami, who was already an AB trainee, was the sixth and last member added to the group.
Originally named WT, an acronym for “Who’s That,” the group changed their name to EXID a few months before their debut. In December 2011, LE was featured in Huh Gak’s single “Whenever You Play That Song,” which appeared on Korean music charts.
EXID was scheduled to debut in January 2012, but their debut was delayed to February when LE sustained a leg injury during rehearsals. On February 3rd, AB Entertainment announced that EXID would debut with the single “Whoz That Girl.”
Solji, the main member of the girl group EXID had to go on a temporary hiatus due to her health. She was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which forced her to leave the music industry and take a break. And during Solji’s hiatus, LE served as the temporary leader of the group.
Appearance on JTBC’s Tribe of Hip-Hop
LE swept the audience of JTBC’s Hip-Hop Nation 2 off their feet as she took the stage. The rapper performed “GOOD” in the second semi-final round.
As quoted by allkpop, leading with “Hot Chicks” (producer Cheetah, LE, Yezi) glory, rapper LE performed with Fiestar’s Yezi and crew Jang Ki Yong. They decided to name their song “GOOD” wanting to evoke a good sound while illustrating powerful visuals. LE’s charismatic performance grabbed the viewers’ attention with her intense rapping, allowing her to pass onto the final round.
Debuting last October on the first episode of Hip-Hop Nation 2 with “Hot Chicks,” LE is currently a producer on the show. Appearing cold yet giving heartfelt advice, LE is known as the “unpredictable producer.”