All About Producer of BTS, Bang Shi-hyuk
Bang Shi-hyuk is a South Korean composer, songwriter, record producer, and also the CEO and founder of Big Hit Entertainment. Bang Shi-hyuk’s popularity is parallel with the successful boy-group from his agency, BTS. Both Bang Shi-hyuk and BTS are internationally popular among A.R.M.Y (BTS fans). However, before BTS successful in the industry, Bang Shi-hyuk had already collaborated with many famous Korean singers and even formed the duo “Hitman” with JYP Entertainment’s CEO and founder, Park Jin-young. Always hidden behind the success of BTS and Big Hit Entertainment, Bang Shi-hyuk has a lot of hidden stories which are well worth sharing. Let’s find out more about Bang Shi-hyuk PD-nim.
Full Profile of Bang Shi-hyuk
- Real Name: Bang Shi-hyuk
- Nickname: “Hitman” Bang
- Birthday: August 9, 1972
- Origin: South Korea
- Education: Kyunggi High School | Seoul National University
- Genre: R&B
- Occupation: Composer, Songwriter, Record Producer, CEO
- Years Active: 1994 – Present
- Known for: CEO and founder of Big Hit Entertainment
Interesting Facts About Bang Shi-hyuk
- He is known for partnering with JYP Entertainment founder Park Jin-young as a songwriting duo.
- He good at composing and arranging music.
- His passion for music began early, as he grew up in a musical home.
- His parents discouraged him from pursuing a career in music.
- He debuted as a composer while in college.
- He was a former part of JYP Entertainment as a composer, arranger and producer.
- He got nickname “Hitman” Bang after his work with G.O.D made them one of the country’s best selling and most popular boy-bands of the early 2000s.
- He founded Big Hit Entertainment in 2005 after he left JYP Entertainment.
- In June, 2018, he was named one of International Music Leaders by Variety due to his role in BTS success.
- Along with PD-Dogg, he shared an unboxing video of BTS’s Love Yourself 轉 Tear
- He shared his successful formula in creating BTS.
- For BTS, he’s currently focused on creating Korean songs rather than making English songs.
- On his Twitter account, he mostly posts about food, other than retweeting other people’s posts.
- He came from an elite family. His father was a high-ranking government official, his sister is a high-end jewelry designer, his cousin is the founder of one of South Korea’s biggest online gaming companies, Netmarble, his uncle is the director of a news agency and also an ambassador based in Hungary, and is currently a member of a South Korean government party.
- Unsurprisingly, all of his family members are alumni of South Korea’s most prestigious universities as well.
- On an episode of SBS “Radio Star”, he once called soloist Rain an octopus, and said his first impression of Rain’s appearance was that he looked like a ‘nightclub employee’. He called Rain an octopus after Super Junior’s Kyuhyun claimed that Rain danced like an octopus.
- He become a model for Lee Hyun’s music video You Are The Best of My Life, which released in 2011.