Meet the Golden Voice, Baek Ye-rin!
Known for her quiet charm and beautiful voice, Baek Ye-rin (born June 26th, 1997), otherwise credited as Yerin Baek, is a South Korean singer and songwriter who joined the duo 15& alongside her partner, Park Ji-min. Now, even though she’s no longer a member of the duo, Ye-rin is still actively showcasing her talent as a solo singer. She debuted as a solo artist with her first mini-album, Frank, on November 30th, 2015. From then, she continuously makes songs and does collaborations with other artists.
Are you guys interested in finding out more about her? If so, let’s find out information about her profile in the article below!
Full Profile and Facts About Baek Ye-rin
- Stage Name: Yerin
- Birth Name: Baek Ye-rin
- Position: Main Vocalist
- Date of Birth: June 26th, 1997
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 45 kg (99 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Instagram: @yerin_the_genuine
- Twitter: @yerinbaek
Facts About Baek Ye-rin
- – She was born in Daejeon, South Korea
- – Her hobbies are listening to music and watching movies
- – She is currently studying at Hamlin Performing Arts School
- – She is a Christian
- – She is good at playing the piano
- – She appeared on Star King when she was ten years old, where she performed Whitney Houston’s song “I Have Nothing.”
- – She won second place at a JYP 1st Audition in 2008 while singing Beyonce’s “Listen,” she was only beat by 2PM’s Wooyoung.
- – She trained for five years (from 2007 to 2012) in both South Korea and America before debuting, and speaks English fluently
- – She loves curry chicken
- – She is good friends with Got7’s Yugyeom
- – She admires Norah Jones, Rachel Yamagata, and Amy Winehouse
- – Her ideal type is Double K
Pre-debut Story of Baek Ye-rin
Ye-rin began her career in an SBS variety show, Amazing Contest Star King. In an episode from 2007, Ye-rin performed “Listen” by Beyoncé and was labeled a “contemporary R&B genius.” After her Star King appearance, Ye-rin decided to audition for JYP Entertainment. She performed “Listen” on the audition day, and later won the second place, behind only 2PM’s Jang Woo-young. She spent five years (2007-2012) training in South Korea and the United States, and was called a “genius girl” for her vocal talent, skills in using the piano and fluency in the English language.