Get To Know Rapper, Basick
Lee Cheol Joo, or popularly known as Basick, is a South Korean Rapper. He won the fourth season of Mnet’s rap competition Show Me the Money. Basick first appeared in the Korean underground hip-hop scene in 2007 and was recruited as a member of South Korea’s largest hip-hop crew Jiggy Fellaz in 2008. In 2015, Basick participated in the fourth season of the rap competition series Show Me The Money, going on to win the series overall as part of the team “Brand New” with Verbal Jint and San E of Brand New Music.
Basick is now signed under Rainbow Bridge World and has established an independent hip-hop label under his agency. In this article, Byeol Korea will provide you with a rundown of everything about Basick. Stay tuned!
Full Profile and Facts About Basick
- Stage Name: Basick (베이식)
- Birth Name: Lee Cheol Joo (이철주)
- Date of Birth: August 12th, 1986
- Birthplace: Daegu, South Korea
- Height: 172 cm
- Weight: 58 kg
- Occupation: Rapper
- Genres: Korean hip-hop
- Years active: 2007 – present
- Labels: RBW (2015 – 2018), Outlive
- Associated acts: Jiggy Fellaz, Vasco, Double Trouble, Innovator
Interesting Facts About Basick
- He won the fourth season of Mnet’s rap competition, Show Me the Money.
- He is fluent in English and has majored in marketing at Babson College, the most prestigious entrepreneurship college in the United States.
- He is married to Yoo Seo-yeon and had their first child, Lee Chaeha, in 2015.
Basick’s Official Social Media
Basick’s Appearance on Mnet’s Show Me The Money Season 4
The fourth season of Show Me the Money (SMTM) premiered on June 26th, 2015, airing every Friday evening on Mnet, and ended with its last episode aired on August 28th, 2015. Mnet’s fourth season of SMTM features YG judges Jinusean and Tablo, San E and Verbal Jint from Brand New Music, AOMG judges Jay Park and Loco, and judges Paloalto of Hi-Lite Records and Zico.
There are 9 rounds and a final round of the show. Each round has various challenges, such as One Minute Rap, Rap Battle, Guerilla “Cypher” Mission, Official Song Mission, Team Diss Battle, Live Performances. Over 7,000 contestants auditioned this year with more idol rappers, veterans, and women participating in the competition. Snoop Dogg also appeared as a special guest judge during the guerrilla mission. The winner of the season was Basick, with Song Min-ho as a runner up.
Here are the compilation videos of Basick on Show Me The Money!