Get Closer With Ga-in, The Sexy South Korean Singer
Gain (Hangeul: 가인) is a South Korean singer under APOP Entertainment. She became a member of the Brown Eyed Girls in 2006. She made her solo debut on October 8, 2010, with the mini album Step 2/4. Let’s get to know more about her on Byeol Korea, below. Keep reading!
Full Profile of Ga-in
Stage Name: Gain (Hangeul: 가인)
Birth Name: Son Ga In (손가인)
Position: Main Dancer, Vocalist, Visual/Face of the Group, Maknae
Birthday: September 20, 1987
Height: 163 cm (5’4″)
Weight: 43 kg (94 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Facts About Ga-in
– She was noticed by Narsha after she was eliminated during auditions for the popular South Korean reality show “Let’s Coke Play! Battle Shinhwa!”
– She was invited to audition for Brown Eyed Girls, and she was accepted.
– She loves interior design, watching movies, and dancing.
– She also likes watching TV and playing games.
– She like to express her feels through her music.
– Every time she’s sad, she either faces the wall to cry or stays silent.
– Gain was on We Got Married, where her virtual husband was 2AM’s Jo Kwon in 2009.
– She released a a digital single, titled “We Fell in Love” with Jo Kwon, which was a huge success.
– She was in a relationship with Joo Jihoon.
– She was part of 4Tomorrow, a collaboration project with 4Minute’s Hyuna, After School‘s UEE, and KARA‘s Han Seung-yeon.
– She made her solo debut with “Irreversible” in October 2010.
– Her ideal type is a man that attracts you with one look.
Ga-in’s Debut with BROWN EYED GIRLS
Before debut, Ga-In was joined audition of the popular South Korean reality series, Let’s Coke Play! Battle Shinhwa! and get eliminated. She got noticed by members of Brown Eyed Girls for her appearance on the show. Later on, she was approached by composer Ahn Jung-hoon and invited to audition at Brown Eyed Girls’ agency, and she finally joined the group.
In 2006, all the members of Brown Eyed Girls executed small shows before they debuted officially. That year, Ga-In performed a duet, “Must Have Love”, with SG Wannabe’s leader, Kim Yong-jun. This song became her first number-one hit during the Christmas season.
The Brown Eyed Girls become hit in 2009 when the group made a breakthrough into the Korean mainstream with the hit song “Abracadabra”. The era was notable for the group’s shift of their image and their new direction. After the unexpected success of the song, the group went on to become one of the most mentioned names of K-Pop girl-groups.
Ga-in’s Breakthrough as Soloist
Ga-In didn’t just work as part of Brown Eyed Girls, she also had solo activities. She had a collaboration and appearance as part of 4Tomorrow, a project with 4Minute’s Hyuna, After School’s UEE ,and KARA’s Han Seung-yeon.
In April 2010, it was announced that all the group’s members would pursue their own solo careers in addition to the group’s activities. Gain, herself, became the second member to start her solo activities, after Narsha, by releasing her first mini-album, titled Step 2/4, with “Irreversible” as the title track in October, 2010. The album received acclaim from both critics and the public, due to the strong tango influences. The video for the track was released on October 8, 2010, along the album’s release. The mini-album also achieved modest success, peaking at number two on the Gaon Weekly Albums Chart, while the title track became her first solo number-one hit. Gain worked with university professor Park Myung-soo (Seoul Arts University) on the tango-inspired choreography for “Irreversible”. On December 21, 2010, “Bad Temper” was released as a digital download single. She then resumed her group activities after the end of the album’s promotion.
After the promotions of Brown Eyed Girls’ fourth album, it was revealed that Gain had signed a contract with LOEN Entertainment to manage her solo career.