Let’s Get to Know The Main Vocalist With a Husky and Deep Voice from the South Korean Boy Band iKON’s Junhoe
Koo Jun-hoe was born on March 31st, 1997, in Seoul, South Korea. He is also known by his stage name June. He is a South Korean singer and member of the boy band iKon under YG Entertainment. In March 2009, he made his first television appearance on SBS’ Star King as “13-year-old Michael Jackson.” In 2011, Jun-hoe appeared in the first season of SBS’ K-pop Star. Following elimination from the show, in April 2012 he was scouted by YG Entertainment and joined the company as a trainee. He has made appearances in the survival programs WIN: Who Is Next and Mix & Match in 2013 and 2014, respectively.
In this article, Byeol Korea will provide you with a rundown of the scandals and controversies involving iKON’s main vocalist, Koo Jun-hoe. So, stay tuned!
iKON’s Junhoe Clubbing with Girls
As an idol, you have to be prepared to accept the watchful eye and criticism of the netizens. Just like iKON’s June, who became a hot talk among netizens about his photographs allegedly when he was at a nightclub. Posted in Pann, netters were busy discussing photos like iKON’s June who was caught at a nightclub with women. In the photo, the iKON member looks relaxed in black clothes. Next to him, there seems to be a beautiful woman dressed in sexy clothes.
The photos were immediately spread virally to various sites in South Korea. Not only photos, but there are also netizens who talk about the incident that happened when the woman met the singer of “Dumb & Dumber” at the nightclub.
A netizen claimed to feel disappointed with iKON’s June‘s attitude that was not polite when at the nightclub. This netizen claims that iKON’s June was cool when she found out that many people realized it was him. The netizen’s statement certainly caused controversy among netizens and fans.
“He goes to night clubs with the girls? Is he really a rookie?” netizens scorned. “Leave him alone. This is no big deal, he just wants to be himself,” another defended. “Maybe he was upset that someone recognized him during clubbing. My question was, is he legal for clubbing?” asked another.
iKON’s Junhoe’s response to the controversy
About two years ago, one of the members of the boy band iKON, Junhoe, aroused controversy after his photographs at a nightclub were scattered in the online community. Although he was already an adult, many regretted this because he was still classified as a rookie idol at that time.
In the latest episode of MBC’s It’s Dangerous Beyond the Blankets, which was aired on April 19th, Junhoe talked about why he ended up being a house boy and revealed the story behind his old habits of going to night clubs. This 1997-born guy revealed that he began to stay more at home during his trainee days. “Because I spent a long time as a trainee, so when I met my friends, we didn’t have anything in common. That’s why I started enjoying spending time alone and staying at home,” he said.
Junhoe also opened himself to other performers, which is Loco and Jang Ki-ha about the short period in which he plunged into the glitter of the night world. ”When I was only 20 years old, I suddenly liked clubbing, and I went six days a week. I went six times and was finally caught on camera (by the press), so I haven’t been going since.” He went on to talk about his love of poetry, which he now uses to fill his spare time. “I like things that last a long time and I find poetry very interesting,” he said. Junhoe later revealed that there were around 100 poems of his work that were stored in his cellphone.
iKON’s Junhoe Mocking Momo’s Accent
Koo Jun-hoe of iKON has been condemned for mocking Momo of TWICE by imitating her mispronunciation on the radio.
B.I and BOBBY, members from iKON, were daily hosts substituting in for “Lee Guk-joo‘s Young Street”, an SBS radio station. Koo Jun-hoe, another member of iKON, was invited as a guest and his actions are now being a controversy.
The members played a game of “Baskin Robbins 31,” where they had to say out loud numbers in a cute adorable way. Bobby perfectly acted out “being cute”, using his whole body. When it was Junhoe’s turn, he said: “Hi, this is Momo of TWICE~ 31!” He pronounced 31 in a weird, inarticulate way, trying to copy Momo, a Japanese member who does not have clear Korean pronunciation.
Fans of Momo were furious and said that such careless actions hurt her feelings and degrade her confidence in speaking. However, fans of iKon refuted fans of TWICE saying that he was just mimicking and in the process of mimicking he just emphasized the characteristics.
Netizens Reaction for iKON’s Junhoe
- [+294, -22] You might think it’s not a serious matter but let me say a few things to the fans that will defend them. iKON has not been around for 10 years or anything. They’ve been around for only 2~3 years, the industry will still consider them a rookie group. Honestly, without the agency power, they wouldn’t even have the chance to be special radio DJs. Bobby’s arrogant position is not excusable when it’s not even their own show. The radio staff members are much older than the iKON members. And the audience of radio shows is various age groups, not just their fans. They must be careful with their behavior and attitude. Twice and their fans have the right to be upset. They’re ’95~97ers and still young. They need to know their position and be modest.
- [+256, -22] Those who made fun of EXID’s pronunciation got a lot of hate overseas. How is iKON any different ㅋㅋ
- [+187, -41] Christina uses her pronunciation as her talent, though. And it’s not like the iKON members are close to Momo. They even laugh openly on broadcast, I’m sure it’s more severe in private.
- [+162, -19] Is he even close to Momo? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’ve always felt that these jerks are so full of themselves with no manners ㅋㅋㅋ Of course, it could be because I’m not a YG fan but as far as I know, Winner never had a controversy like that.
- [+137, -11] iKON should be glad ㅋㅋㅋ If EXO or BTS made fun of a girl group or put up their feet on radio, they would’ve gotten so much hate.
- [+124, -17] YG idiots need to be educated on personality. Now we have these fucking nugs pulling this bullshit. Who do they think they are? Look at their YG pride ㅋㅋㅋㅋ As a non-fan, they’re just total nugs to me.
- [+106, -11] Bobby thinks he’s a superstar ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is he out of his mind?
- [+103, -11] Weren’t they already controversial because of their personality? I’m sure a lot of other things got buried. They need to think when they’re on the broadcast.
- [+87, -8] The only flopped kids in YG.
- [+87, -9] There’s a reason why they’re not popular~