Learn More About HOT ISSUE Vocalist Kim Hyeong-shin Profile Here!
HOT ISSUE (Hangul: 핫이슈) is a South Korean girl group that debuted under S2 Entertainment with its debut single titled “GRATATA.” For your information, HOT ISSUE officially debuted on April 28, 2021, and has 7 original members with Nahyun, Mayna, Hyeongshin, Dana, Yewon, Yebin, and Dain.
In this article, Byeol Korea will invite you to get to know more about one of HOT ISSUE’s members, Kim Hyeong-shin. Do you know who she is? If not, don’t worry! Make sure you don’t skip any information to learn more about HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin’s full profile, fun facts, and more in the article below!
HOT ISSUE Hyeongshin Profile
Real Name: Kim Hyeong-shin (Hangul: 김형신)
Stage Name: Hyeongshin (Hangul: 형신)
Birth: Gyeonggi-do, Seongnam City, May 3, 2002
Star Sign: Taurus
Height: 167 cm
Blood Type: O
Position in the Group: Vocalist, Rapper, Dancer
Family Members: Parents, Older Brother (Kim Hyeong-chan)
- Saetbyeol Middle School (Graduated)
- Seoul Performing Arts High School (Department of Practical Dance / Graduated)
HOT ISSUE Hyeongshin Fun Facts
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin’s hobbies are exercising, listening to music, and watching movies.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin plays tennis and basketball.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin’s nicknames are Sini (시니), SShin (씬), and Honey Maker (밀쪼).
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin can speak English.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin lived in Australia when she was a child.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin is good at dancing and exercising.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin was a trainee at DreamT Entertainment and later All S Company.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin was a member of the girl group ALLS-GIRL and the sub-unit Geupsik-Dan with D-CRUNCH.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin was a member of a dance crew called Velvety.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin was a contestant on Mnet’s CAP-TEEN where she ranked #7.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin took part in writing the lyrics for their b-side “Hide in the Dark.”
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin has the special ability to imitate people.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin was announced as the third member of HOT ISSUE on March 23, 2021.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin’s role model is CL.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin said that she learned to dance at the age of 13.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin was chosen by Mayna as the “member with the fastest choreography skills.”
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin is interested in fashion.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin was chosen by Dana as the “most friendly member” in the debut showcase. Wherever she goes, she adds that she has a good sense of tension and energy and shows a very positive side.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin was chosen by Dain as the “member who doesn’t cry” at their debut showcase. According to HOT ISSUE’s official fan café, she revealed that she doesn’t cry a lot in front of the members, but she cries a lot while watching movies and dramas.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin said that she eats spicy things very well.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin never watches horror movies.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin’s visual resembles a poodle.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin’s favorite color is blue. She originally liked yellow, but she recently said she likes blue more.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin likes blue butterflies and blue roses.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin uses this emoji set often “☘️🍀🦋💙” with letters or comments to fans or in stories about happiness and luck.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin mentioned that she really wants to dye her hair blonde.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin likes to take pictures, mainly of objects, landscapes, and of others.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin likes to take mirror selfies.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin likes to watch movies and TV shows. She says lately she mainly watches entertainment shows and mukbangs.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin’s favorite karaoke song is “8282” by Davichi.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin likes rice, and she can only eat rice without side dishes.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin likes milk tea and any kind of fruit.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin prefers chocolate cake over strawberry cake.
- HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin learned to play the piano and guitar.
HOT ISSUE Hyeongshin Pre-Debut Appearance on Mnet CAP-TEEN
Kim Hyeong-shin was previously a trainee at Dream T Entertainment. Then, she moved to All-S Company and joined the lineup for the All-S Girl debut group Geupsik-Dan which debuted on July 10, 2018. However, around February 2019, around the same time as Garam who was a member of the same group, they ended their contract with All-S Company.
On February 5, 2021, she graduated from Seoul Performing Arts High School, and she also attended the same school as her groupmate Dana. Although they attended the same school, it is said that they did not encounter each other because they were in different grades and different departments. She said she already knew her because she had a close friend in the practice department.
After ending her contract with All-S, she continued independently before appearing on Mnet’s CAP-TEEN in 2020. During the CAP-TEEN K-pop talent evaluation, she performed “DESSERT” by Hyoyeon and received high praise for her expressiveness, acting ability, and stable live performance.
4 judges on the show gave her a chance to advance to the team battle mission. The first round of “DESSERT” was chosen as one of the CAP-TEEN performances that got the most likes on V-App.
During the CAP-TEEN 5th Genre TOP Mission, Hyeongshin was chosen for (G)I-DLE’s “LATATA” group along with Kim Chae-young, Yoo Min-ha, Lee Da-hyun, and Jo Se-bin.
During the CAP-TEEN 6th Team Battle Mission, they performed Jessi’s “Gucci” on the stage with Park Hye-rim and Jo Se-bin. Hyeongshin created 100% of the choreography with Park Hye-rim, her junior at Seoul Performing Arts High School, and received favorable reviews for the perfect stage.
During the CAP-TEEN 7th One-on-One rival mission, Hyeongshin teamed up with Oh Seo-Hyun, and they performed Red Velvet’s Irene and Seulgi’s “Monster” and battled each other. The result was a 12:7 preliminary parental vote, and the final result was 4:1.
During CAP-TEEN 9th TOP7 selection, they performed Little Mix’s “Wings” on the stage. In general, Hyeongshin was selected for TOP7 because of the reviews about her always showing a stable appearance and because she had a good expression on the stage and was relaxed on stage.
In the final episode of CAP-TEEN, Hyeongshin performed on the stage with “Ice Cold,” a girl-crush hip hop dance song led by cinematic brass and strings. The judges gave her 7th place with a total score of 318 points. “Ice Cold” was released on various music sites at 12:00 on January 22, 2021.
After finishing CAP-TEEN, Hyeongshin transferred to S2 Entertainment with her fellow CAP-TEEN contestant Dain who also appeared on the show. They ended up in the same girl group as members of HOT ISSUE.
What do you think about Kim Hyeongshin’s pre-debut appearance as a contestant on Mnet’s CAP-TEEN?
HOT ISSUE Hyeongshin Debut Era
HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin is the main dancer and lead rapper in the group, and she appears in the “Droptop in the Rain” performance video uploaded before her debut with Mayna, Hyeongshin, and Yebin.
HOT ISSUE released its ticket to the music industry with the title song “GRATATA” on their debut album ISSUE MAKER. ”GRATATA” is an up-tempo dance song with an impressive whistling sound, and the intense synth and percussion sounds add to the intensity of the song and capture the identity of HOT ISSUE.
“GRATATA” is an English word or sound of gunfire, and the choreography that aims at the hearts of K-pop fans intuitively drew attention. The members made an impression by digesting the intense sniper concept with their own charm.
When asked about their debut activity, Hyeongshin answered, “The teamwork is also going well. We’re getting closer to each other. I think it’s because we’ve been together for a long time.”
Hyeongshin and Dain are known to have appeared on Mnet’s CAP-TEEN together, but many people are curious about if they were close. Hyeongshin said, “Actually, there’s no interaction between us in the show. The contest was held in front of my parents, but it was the first time my parents saw the stage in person so I was even more nervous. I think I spent the last days of my teens meaningfully.”
If Hyeongshin can describe what HOT ISSUE will be in 5 years, she said, “After 5 years, I want to go to the year-end awards ceremony, and I want to stand on the stage of a solo concert with many fans.”
She also revealed her personal goal she wants to achieve during her debut year, “I wish we could all go somewhere to play together. Before our debut, there was Corona so we couldn’t go anywhere. I think it would be good to go somewhere.”
On May 5, 2021, HOT ISSUE held their debut performance that was aired on SBS’ Inkigayo. As you can see from the focus fancam above, Hyeongshin looked very beautiful during her debut appearance and got the first part while singing “GRATATA.” She obviously stole the fans’ attention, right?
What do you think about HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin’s debut era?
Well, that is all of the information about HOT ISSUE’s Hyeongshin and everything you should know about her. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it on your social media and wait for another interesting article from Byeol Korea!