Get Closer With SF9’s Youngest Member, Chani!
Chani is the youngest member of the boy band from FNC Entertainment, SF9. Before debuting with SF9, Chani has been in the showbiz industry since he was a kid, as an actor. Not only he had been acting, but Chani had also been modeling and has even been a TV Personality. Wow, he is truly an entertainer! After becoming an idol, Chani still continued with his acting career by acting in movies and dramas. Want to know more about his career? Then this is the right article for you!
Full Profile of Chani SF9
- Real Name: Kang Chan-hee
- Stage Name: Chani
- Nickname: Chani, Kanni, Sloth
- Date of Birth: January 17th, 2000
- Place of Birth: Daejeon
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Height: 175 cm
- Weight: 58 kg
- Blood Type: Type A
- Last Education: Seoul Performing Arts High School (SOPA), Department of Acting
- Family: Parents (father and mother) and a younger brother named Kang Seok-hee
- Agency: FNC Entertainment
- Official Instagram: @sf9official
- Official Twitter: @SF9official
Interesting Facts About Chani SF9 That You Don’t Know
- Chani trained for 7 years.
- Chani used to be a trainee at Fantagio Entertainment and became friends with one of the members of Astro, Ricky.
- Chani sleeps a lot.
- Chani takes an hour to shower.
- Chani’s role modes are Jung Yong-hwa from CNBlue and Taemin from SHINee.
- Chani is the shortest member in SF9.
- Chani’s favorite food is chicken and he can’t eat spicy food.
- Chani’s specialty is singing high notes and playing several instruments, namely guitar, violin, and piano.
- Chani’s hobbies are drawing, sleeping, and playing musical instruments.
- Chani’s best friends from the showbiz industry are iKon’s Chanwoo, Astro’s Moonbin, and actress Kim Sae-ron.
- Chani is the bravest member of SF9.
- Chani’s ideal type is someone who is kind and sincere and with good manners.
- Chani can’t remember a thing that is related to numbers, like birthdays and phone numbers. He even can’t remember his brother’s birthday.
- The gap between his cute face and deep voice is severe. Even though Chani looks cute, his voice is very thick and deep.
- Like Kyu-hyun from Super Junior, Chani is also famous as an evil and a savage maknae.
- In May 2018, Chani and his mother, appeared on the reality show Leaving the Nest: Season 3 on the tvN network.
Pre-debut and NEOZ School
Chani started his career as a child model in 2005. During that time, he did modeling for fashion shows and advertising. He was also famous as Ulzzang or kid who has a handsome look.
Then, in 2007, he appeared as an actor in TVXQ’s music video, “Balloons.” In the music video, he was paired with Micky Yoo-chun. Other child actors also made appearances in the music video, such as Chan-woo from iKon and Moon-bin from Astro.
Because of his appearance in the music video, Chani was invited to the show Star King as Yoo-chun’s lookalike. This was his first appearance on television.
Chani became a Fantagio trainee in 2009. During that time, he trying to establish himself as an actor and also was practicing to be an idol. Chani and Moon-bin were training together. Due to his career as an actor, he became friends with Kim Sae-ron. They acted together in three dramas, Listen to My Heart, Garden Heaven, and The Queen’s Classroom.
They even became ambassadors for the 2012 i-Teen Audition.
In 2013, Chani left Fantagio and become a trainee at FNC Entertainment. After training for three years, Chani joined the FNC Entertainment debut system, Neo School. He and his team, Neoz Dance Team, had to compete with Neoz Band (which has now become Honeyst band) on the survival show d.o.b (Dance or Band) that aired on the Mnet network and the Naver V App. In the introduction video, Chani showed his dancing ability.
The winner of the competition was to debut under FNC Entertainment. Later, his dance team won the show and made their debut in 2016, with the name SF9 (Sensational Feeling 9). The group debuted with the single “Fanfare” from their debut album Feeling Sensation. Chani’s position in the group is a sub-rapper and main dancer. Right after their debut, SF9’s popularity rapidly increased, not only domestically, but also internationally. Their debut album charted high in China. A year into their debut, SF9 were able to debut in Japan with the single “Fanfare.”
In 2018, SF9 made their comeback with the single “Now or Never” from their 5th mini-album, Sensuous. Have you watched their music video?