Let’s Meet iKon’s Dancing Machine, DK
Do you know about iKon’s member, DK? He’s famously known on stage by the name DK, but his real name is Kim Dong-hyuk. iKon is one of the famous boy-groups in South Korea that was raised under YG Entertainment. Before his debut with iKon, DK had already won an audition held by JYP Entertainment in 2012, he was also reportedly accepted by SM Entertainment, but he chose YG Entertainment in 2012, instead.
Not only is he an expert in dancing and singing, iKon’s DK also plays several instruments, including piano, drums, and guitar. DK is truly a multitalented idol, right? In this article, Byeol Korea introduces you to the powerful DK. Let’s find out more about him!
iKon’s DK’s Full Profile
- Birth Name: Kim Dong-hyuk (김동혁)
- Stage Name: DK
- Date of Birth: January 3, 1997
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Age: 22 (International age) / 23 (Korean age)
- Weight: 62 kg
- Height: 173 cm
- Blood Type: O
- Position: Main Dancer, Vocalist
- Instagram: @_dong_ii
- Twitter: @D_dong_ii
Fun Facts of DK
- iKon’s DK has a younger sister
- His father died when he was 8 years old
- His ideal type is someone who is filled with aegyo and has a cute charm
- DK is really confident about his physical appearance, especially his thighs
- iKon’s Bobby said that DK is dangerous
- The rest of the iKon members have described his as fashionable, and his favorite fashion brand is Yves Saint Laurent
- He was recruited to YG Entertainment in November, 2012
- He’s known as an intelligent student in school, that’s why the other iKon members couldn’t understand why he wanted to be a singer
- DK didn’t want to have his own room, even though iKon’s dorm has enough room for each member. He didn’t want to be alone
iKon’s DK Pre-debut
Before he successfully debuted with iKon, DK had previously been struggling with his current career. He went to a lot of auditions and competitions, and also joined as a trainee with some agencies, such as SM Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, and of course, YG Entertainment.
In 2012, DK was a member in the Def Music & Dance Academy, but then he was recruited to YG Entertainment in November, 2012. He also won the JYP Trainee Search the same year.
Compilation of Pictures and Videos of iKon’s DK, Pre-debut
Let’s see DK’s appearance before his debut with iKon, and his childhood life!
Watch one of his pre-debut performance here:
DK’s Developing Career
As previously mentioned, DK has had a long journey to reach his current career! For your information, iKon first became known in the reality show WIN (Who is Next) in 2013, as the B Team, and DK was there. The B Team also showed off in the next reality show, Mix & Match, in 2014. It was through Mix & Match that iKon’s final lineup was fully formed, with B.I., Bobby, DK, June, Jay, Chan, and Song rounding out the group’s membership.
When DK was on Mix & Match, he was really worried that he wouldn’t get to debut with B Team as iKon. In the WIN era, DK skills still weren’t very good, which gave viewers some hesitation where he was concerned. YG Entertainment’s CEO, Yang Hyun-suk, also didn’t give DK much attention during the WIN era, although he’s now admitted that DK’s skills are much improved. DK worked hard to improve his dancing and vocal skills and proved to his his fans that he was worth their support during Mix & Match era. In the Mix & Match final, DK performed All of Me on the solo dance stage, with Chanwoo and Jinhyeong.