Learn More About 4Minute Lead Vocal – Heo Ga-yoon
Heo Ga-yoon is a South Korean actress and singer. She was the main vocalist of the South Korean girl group 4Minute. She is known for her captivating voice and even made it into SM Entertainment’s “Best Singer Contest” back in 2005. She appeared in Mario’s “I’m Yours” music video alongside Seulong of 2AM. While being part of a five-member girl group 4Minute, she was also known for being a member of the subunit called 2Yoon with her fellow member Jihyun, or Jenyer.
As a vocalist, Ga-yoon has released collaboration songs with other singers and lent her soothing voice for a drama original soundtrack. Besides being a singer, she also has broadened her career as an actress and has taken on roles in several television series and movies. After the disbandment of 4Minute, she decided to part ways with her former label Cube Entertainment and Ga-yoon joined BS company on October 14th, 2016, and will promote in the future as an actress.
In this article, Byeol Korea will provide you with everything you need to know about 4Minute’s lead vocal Heo Ga-yoon: full profile, collaboration songs, and latest news. Stay tuned and let’s learn more about the singer!
Gayoon Full Profile
Stage Name: Gayoon
Birth Name: Heo Ga Yoon
Position: Main Vocalist
Date of Birth: May 18th, 1990
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 47 kg
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Fun Facts about Gayoon
- Education: Dongguk University (film and theater major)
- She can speak Japanese (Basic).
- She loves clothes. During her free time, she likes to shop.
- She is a member of 4Minute’s subunit 2YOON.
- She doesn’t fall for any of the pranks the members try to pull on her.
- She likes to write lyrics in her free time.
- She doesn’t express her feelings well.
- She acted in the drama Light and Shadow (2012), and had some cameo appearances in Me Too, Flower! (2011), My Friend Is Still Alive (2013), Let’s Eat 2 (2015).
- She acted in the movies Daddy You, Daughter Me (2016), Drug King (2017).
- After 4Minute’s disbandment, she signed a contract with BS Company, to pursue her acting career.
Debuting in 2009 as a main vocalist of the group 4Minute, Heo Ga-yoon earned her title as the main vocalist by successfully developing her skill to keep her as the strongest vocalist within her group. Ga-yoon is really an amazing singer, she captivated many people with her unique and soothing voice. She has a very bright, girly and light voice that generally shines more in her mid to higher range. As a vocalist and an amazing singer, she has released solo songs and collaboration songs with other singers.
Here is a list of her solo songs and collaboration songs:
- MBC’s My Princess OST “Wind Blow”
In 2011 Ga-yoon lent her sweet voice for the original soundtrack of the MBC drama My Princess, “Wind Blow.”
- SBS’ Lie To Me “Shameless Lie”
Heo Ga-yoon sang a song for the original soundtrack of the SBS drama Lie To Me, “Shameless Lie,” in 2011.
- KBS’ Poseidon “I Think It Was a Dream”
In 2011, Heo Ga-yoon released the song “I Think It Was A Dream” for the KBS drama Poseidon.
On November 23rd, 2014, Ga-yoon released a cover song of her fellow label group Beast “12:30.”
- 2009: Album What I Want To Do Once I Have A Lover “What I Want To Do Once I Have A Lover” Duet with Yoseob
- 2009: Album Heart Damage “Heart Damage” Duet with Yong Jun-hyung
- 2010: MBC’s The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry OST “One Two Three” Duet with Han Ye-ji
- 2010: Album Bad Guy Good Girl “Bad Guy Good Girl” Duet with Sunny Side
- 2012: Album Road For Hope “Be Alright” with Yoseob, G.NA, and Lee Chang-seob
- 2012: My Love By My Side Musical “My Love By My Side” Duet with Jung Ilhoon
- 2012: Text Message “Text Message” Duet with Mario
- 2012: Mermaid Princess “Mermaid Princess” with Mystic White
- 2014: Brave Brothers’ Anniversary Album “Only Gained Weight” Duet with Hyuna and Sohyun
- 2014: Ryu-Cube Donation Project “Small Moon” Duet with Yoseob, Eunkwang, Shin Ji-hoon & Ryu Hyunjin
- 2014: MBC’s The Night Watchman’s Journal “Wish” Duet with Yoseob
- 2015: SBS’ Yong-pal “Nightmare” Duet with Yong Jun-hyung
In 2011, Ga-yoon debuted as an actress and has made several cameo appearances in television series. Heo Ga-yoon starred in the MBC drama Lights and Shadows in 2012. In the drama, she took on the role of an 80s idol star named Hyeon Kyung, who is the lead member of the group Purple Sisters. Despite being her first acting experience, Heo Ga Yoon received a positive response for her unique acting ability. She appeared as a cameo in the drama Me Too, Flower! in 2011 and My Friend is Still Alive in 2013.
Here is the complete list of Ga-yoon’s filmography:
|2011||Me Too, Flower!||High School Student||MBC||Cameo|
|2012||Light and Shadow||Hyun Kyung||MBC||Minor role|
|2013||My Friend Is Still Alive||Herself||KBS||Cameo|
|2015||Let’s Eat 2||Hong Min-a||tvN||Cameo|
|2016||Daddy You, Daughter Me||Kyung Mi||Supporting role|
|2017||Drug King||Jong Soon||Supporting role|
|2014||Off to School||JTBC||Series regular|
Heo Ga-yoon was born on May 18th, 1990, in Seoul. Prior to her debut as a vocalist of 4Minute, Ga-yoon had received the second place at SM Entertainment’s 9th “Best Singer Contest” back in 2005. She graduated from Dongduk Girl’s High School. In 2008, Ga-yoon appeared in Mario’s “I’m Yours” music video, with 2AM’s Seulong.
In 2009, Ga-yoon debuted as a member of 4Minute, a South Korean girl group formed by Cube Entertainment. The members of the group included Nam Ji-hyun, Heo Ga-yoon, Jeon Ji-yoon, Kim Hyun-a, and Kwon So-hyun. The group was known for its edgy dance-pop style and “girl crush” image that attracted largely female fans. The five-member girl group officially debuted on June 18th, 2009, and performed their debut single, “Hot Issue,” on Mnet’s M! Countdown.
On June 13th, 2016, Cube Entertainment announced that 4Minute decided to disband and all the members were still in discussion regarding the renewal of their contracts. However, on June 15th, 2016, Cube Entertainment officially announced that all the members, Jihyun, Gayoon, Jiyoon, and Sohyun’s contracts had expired on June 14th and they decided not to renew their contracts and chose to part ways. Hyuna is the only member that stayed in Cube Entertainment but now she also has left the agency.
It’s been a while since the last time we heard anything about Ga-yoon’s appearance on television. But fans can still get updates and news about the singer through her personal Instagram account.
On May 19th, 2019, Ga-yoon posted several photos on her Instagram. Ga-yoon was seen holding a balloon and celebrating her birthday.
On June 18th, 2019, Ga-yoon shared her pictures with her fellow 4Minute members Sihyun and Jenyer celebrating the group’s 10th Anniversary.
On October 31st, 2019, she also posted a picture of Jenyer, Sihyun, and her wearing pajamas on her Instagram. Even though the group has disbanded, it looks like Ga-yoon still has a good relationship with her fellow members.
That was all the information and everything you need to know about 4Minute’s lead vocal Heo Ga-yoon: her full profile, collaboration songs, and latest news. Please, don’t forget to kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below!